#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying anything about the length of phils career so wind that in,someone said rooney is still going after starting at 16,he hasn't been going like sergio has been going has he,he was a rag,they won loads yes,when pisscan was there he would,he fell off a cliff years ago,the likes of sergio and others are still at the top of their games so he is not a great example when talking about length of career
Of course you won't add in total mins as that tells a different story,any mins when he is learning are good mins,he can learn a lot whoever he plays with out of ours and against any opposition that prk the bus like most prem teams do

Sergio another player who started playing every week at 15.

And come off it Karen, no one is stupid enough to think he's learning when playing Burton while we're 9-0 up on aggregate and the team are just knocking the ball about killing time.

The arguement was well he started at 16 and it did him no harm,he has played considerably less than sergio so i think it did hurt him to start so early

Rooney??

Who’s played about 150 more career games than Aguero in 3 more years or so. And they both started about 16, so I’m not sure what your point is here unless I’ve misread.

Rooney??

Who’s played about 150 more career games than Aguero in 3 more years or so. And they both started about 16, so I’m not sure what your point is here unless I’ve misread.
Sergio has had a lot of injuries,i was countering the point that rooney was a good example of starting at 16 and still playing at 34,he fell off a cliff a long time ago so he is not a great example of someone that it didn't hurt him playing since he was so young,he had his good years of course but maybe starting young didn't give him as long a career as the likes of sergio playing at the top at 31,some are argueing that phil starting to young might shorten his career,i don't agree with that just using rooney as a example i don't agree with

There is playing and there is playing,he hasn't played well for a long long time,ended up at everton,in the states and much lower down

Wayne Rooney had a stellar career. Judging him in the twilight of his years isn't balanced. And if you believe his smoking and getting over weight was because he played when he was young then I'd disagree with that and put it more down to his upbringing, his personality, his friends and so on. But look let's put Wayne Rooney to one side. What about Ryan Giggs? Actually, let's bring it closer to home, what about David Silva? At 18 he was playing over 25 games per season out on loan. This is the fundamental point, players at that age need to play to develop.

Anyway the bigger question I raised was do people think Foden is developing at about the right pace, being held back or is actually being developed better than you expected. I believe he should have more minutes than he's had. And if he can't get it in the first team he should yo out on loan.

Footballers play well into their thirties these days so there’s no need to rush Phil along. I’d be pleased if he got the summer off rather than flogging himself to death with England. Each consecutive season he’s involved in more games, I think we’re bringing him along just fine
Are you on a wind up pal? Seriously, just where are you coming from with the view that you would " rather he got the summer off rather than flogging himself to death with England"..That is complete rubbish.He has started 5 games this season.He is 19 years old.Tell me where do you see Fatigue as an issue for Phil Foden this summer?

Grealish is nearly 25,why do people keep mentioning him
Its not a hard concept to grasp.Grealish is a player of similar standing in that he is a talented attacking English central midfield player...and the national side do not have a playmaker..there is a big tournament this summer and genuine football fans are wondering who will supply the bullets for englands attack.
Thats why people mention Grealish when discussing Phil Foden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.