#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 1 of these players started less than half the games post-restart.

ABRd4FmctU82I9gY1Lo-hIOyiIb9Y0K5gTnFSynDB0w.jpg

I wasn't sure he had the strength or the skill to succeed El Magico. This season has changed that.

Looking at this he'll need protection from refs. (One of the rule changes is that refs won't go back to issue a yellow card if they've played advantage - or allowed a quick free kick before they've shown a card - but they can if it was a bad tackle rather than just stopping the attack.)

I wasn't sure he had the strength or the skill to succeed El Magico. This season has changed that.

Looking at this he'll need protection from refs. (One of the rule changes is that refs won't go back to issue a yellow card if they've played advantage - or allowed a quick free kick before they've shown a card - but they can if it was a bad tackle rather than just stopping the attack.)

They can either go back or they cant,bloody busy ****s adding in rules that are stupid and not in any way needed

Knows how to ride a challenged. Skips and glides past players. Tries to stay on his feet. Doesn’t go to ground easily. I’m already pitying his ankles, and achilles. I don’t trust any ref in the league to do a good job. Hope he has a long career.

Cracking player.

Is this this true? What a strange and unnecessary change.

Law 12 Amended text
Once the referee has decided to caution or send off a player, play must not be restarted until the sanction has been administered, unless the non-offending team takes a quick free kick, has a clear goal-scoring opportunity and the referee has not started the disciplinary sanction procedure. The sanction is administered at the next stoppage; if the offence was denying the opposing team an obvious goal-scoring opportunity, the player is cautioned; if the offence interfered with or stopped a promising attack, the player is not cautioned.

Explanation
If the referee allows a ‘quick’ free kick after a DOGSO offence, the (delayed) RC becomes a YC, so to be consistent, if the referee allows a ‘quick’ free kick after an offence which interfered with or stopped a promising attack, the (delayed) YC should not be issued.

Amended text
If the referee plays the advantage for an offence for which a caution/sending-off would have been issued had play been stopped, this caution/sending-off must be issued when the ball is next out of play. However, if the offence was denying the opposing team an obvious goal-scoring opportunity, when the player is cautioned for unsporting behaviour; if the offence was interfering with or stopping a promising attack, the player is not cautioned.

Explanation
If the referee plays advantage for a DOGSO offence, the RC becomes a YC, so to be consistent, if the referee plays advantage for an offence which interfered with or stopped a promising attack, the YC should not be issued.

Last edited:
Law 12 Amended text
Once the referee has decided to caution or send off a player, play must not be restarted until the sanction has been administered, unless the non-offending team takes a quick free kick, has a clear goal-scoring opportunity and the referee has not started the disciplinary sanction procedure. The sanction is administered at the next stoppage; if the offence was denying the opposing team an obvious goal-scoring opportunity, the player is cautioned; if the offence interfered with or stopped a promising attack, the player is not cautioned.

Explanation
If the referee allows a ‘quick’ free kick after a DOGSO offence, the (delayed) RC becomes a YC, so to be consistent, if the referee allows a ‘quick’ free kick after an offence which interfered with or stopped a promising attack, the (delayed) YC should not be issued.

Amended text
If the referee plays the advantage for an offence for which a caution/sending-off would have been issued had play been stopped, this caution/sending-off must be issued when the ball is next out of play. However, if the offence was denying the opposing team an obvious goal-scoring opportunity, when the player is cautioned for unsporting behaviour; if the offence was interfering with or stopping a promising attack, the player is not cautioned.

Explanation
If the referee plays advantage for a DOGSO offence, the RC becomes a YC, so to be consistent, if the referee plays advantage for an offence which interfered with or stopped a promising attack, the YC should not be issued.

Swear I've read this three times and it's just making me go cross eyed.

If I'm understanding correctly, if Phil or whoever is steaming down the pitch on the counter and a defender hacks his legs then if we take the free kick quickly then the defender won't get booked?

The first question I've got is who the fuck thought this is a necessary rule amendment? The second question is how will this not slow down the tempo of games? Nobody will want to take quick free kicks any more and defenders will get exactly what they want. This just makes "tactical fouling" a much more viable strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.