#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep had said categorically no loan for the last two seasons,I doubt very much pep,txiki or Phil were entertaining a loan anywhere,not a dig just more bollocks from someone who has shown his true colours recently

The quote is "loan moves have been discussed, most seriously Tottenham and Everton...". Nowhere does it mention txiki, pep, or foden. Its a vague quote most likely referring to rumours at the mentioned times, and then is immediately discounted in the article saying "the message is a handful of games at city is worth 20 anywhere else."

For the record I do think there is a bias against city in the media, but when our fans pick at quotes like the above it just makes us look like paranoid conspiracy theorists.

Sam Lee is far from the most offensive journo that covers city and does his rounds on the city podcasts and speaks candidly and directly.

Many on this forum and social media could do with a more nuanced view of what constitutes an attack or just neutral reporting or glowing praise. It devalues legitimate points about an agenda when blues pick apart what is largely a glowing article about a city produced player.

Honestly, if the article isn't covered in juices from sucking the club off completely, this forum condemns them to death.

I am so glad he told me there is a decision to be made or I never would have known

You're being a dick there tbf. That's unnecessarily snide. He answered a question. What did you want him to say? 'What's the point? No one really knows? *shrug*'

Reactions: cjn
The quote is "loan moves have been discussed, most seriously Tottenham and Everton...". Nowhere does it mention txiki, pep, or foden. Its a vague quote most likely referring to rumours at the mentioned times, and then is immediately discounted in the article saying "the message is a handful of games at city is worth 20 anywhere else."

For the record I do think there is a bias against city in the media, but when our fans pick at quotes like the above it just makes us look like paranoid conspiracy theorists.

Sam Lee is far from the most offensive journo that covers city and does his rounds on the city podcasts and speaks candidly and directly.

Many on this forum and social media could do with a more nuanced view of what constitutes an attack or just neutral reporting or glowing praise. It devalues legitimate points about an agenda when blues pick apart what is largely a glowing article about a city produced player.

Honestly, if the article isn't covered in juices from sucking the club off completely, this forum condemns them to death.
I never said it was a dig or attack just bollocks that in dec a loan option was being discussed,I would rather believe pep and Phil if that is ok

You're being a dick there tbf. That's unnecessarily snide. He answered a question. What did you want him to say? 'What's the point? No one really knows? *shrug*'
Then I will just have to be a dick,I liked him a lot before but his stuff on the ban and recent stating the obvious wrapped up in ITK tones is not doing it for me anymore

All the media have demanded he go on loan for a long time,if you really think we would have discussed a loan in Dec then that is up to you,I wouldn't trust that rag on anything now,hedging his best beautifully recently

Come on Karen, if you're really so vocally opposed to everything Sam Lee says then you should consider stopping promoting his work.

It's probably a damn sight better than any of our guesses tbf, considering he speaks to agents, other journos with connections and club reps all the time. So yeah, its an educated guess based off discussions he had with others. We just sit here chatting shit on forums.

The article he just wrote has interviews with

Jason Wilcox - youth coach and current academy director
Mark Allen - academy director 2003-2017
Jim Cassell - needs no introduction
Joe Makin - City recruiter and Fodens youth club coach
Scott Sellers - former head of academy scouting
Terry John - guy who discovered Foden and seemingly family friend.
Tony "Madness" Clarke - Fodens new sprint coach
Steve Cooper - England Youth coach

And although hes not quoted directly, its very clear hes interviewed Phil's dad.

All of those people would probably know about it if Foden ever discussed loan spells.

So given how much the club clealry helped with this article I would say its pretty certain that the bit about the loans is true.

I wonder who the fuck @kaz7 spoke to at City before she came up with her counter claim?

The article he just wrote has interviews with

Jason Wilcox
Mark Allen - academy director 2003-2017
Jim Cassell
Joe Makin - City recruiter and Fodens youth club coach
Scott Sellers - former head of academy scouting
Terry John - guy who discovered Foden and seemingly family friend.
Tony "Madness" Clarke - Fodens new sprint coach
Steve Cooper - England Youth coach

And although hes not quoted directly, its very clear hes interviewed Phil's dad.

All of those people would probably know about it if Foden ever discussed loan spells.

So given how much the club clealry helped with this article I would say its pretty certain that the bit about the loans is true.

I wonder who the fuck @kaz7 spoke to at City before she came up with her counter claim?

Karen knows more though mate! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.