Phil Jones to leave United after 12 years

Does anybody else feel a bit sorry for him...?
Completely out of his depth on the main stage and hyped to death by the red media..comparisons to the great Duncan Edwards were being made,leading forlorn Phil to wrap himself in the Munich 1958 disaster memories 1 year... a step which even some utd fans found a bit too much.

I will always have fond memories of being at Old Trafford when Sergio seared past him to score on that wonderful wonderful night.

Be interesting to see where he ends up...

Completely out of his depth on the main stage and hyped to death by the red media..comparisons to the great Duncan Edwards were being made,leading forlorn Phil to wrap himself in the Munich 1958 disaster memories 1 year... a step which even some utd fans found a bit too much.

I will always have fond memories of being at Old Trafford when Sergio seared past him to score on that wonderful wonderful night.

I genuinely do.

He was on 5Live a couple of years ago talking about suffering from depression and being very tactful about having to find his own support and treatment.

No. He was comically bad and had smoke blown up his arse by the GPC

Probably in the minority here.

I genuinely feel a bit sorry for him. Fair enough he's earned millions and won't ever have to work a day in his life. But to not be able to do the only thing he's ever known and probably loves more than anything must be absolutely horrendous. Especially as there as been glimmers of hope that he could possibly resurrect his career only for his body to break down again. His mental health must be in the absolute bin. Get dogs abuse off his own fans nevermind anybody else's. Will be able to forge a coaching career moving forwards and have some kind of life in the game. But deserves nowhere near the amount of shit he gets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.