Phone unlocking

mcnil said:
it seems like it can only be done by the network at this time, not sure how much that would cost

I'd heard that but then thought why would orange unlock a mobile phone for me after I'd not renewed my contract with them? Did'nt seem to make any sense. The bloke who told me said I just phone Orange and ask for an unlock code, they'll give you the code then you enter it and hey presto! Seems a bit strange though.

It's now 'illegal' to unlock a phone , and classed as a crime ....... new legislation.

Hang on mamba. That can't be right, can it? I take out a contract with orange, pay them over 12 months for the phone then when my contract is over I own the phone but I can't use it anymore unless I buy an orange simcard? That smacks of them attempting to dictate to me who I use with a phone that I own. Surely that can't be right?

I read a couple of weeks ago that new laws had been introduced to make it illegal to unblock mobiles. It's to try and reduce the unblocking of stolen phones - something to do with new anti-Violent Crime measures.

It's still legal if it's for the purpose of switching networks, and presumably they would have to unblock it for you if you were changing providers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.