Pick your game when you expect us to clinch the title

As a fan of over 50 years I fear the worst especially as our away form has taken a downward turn.

I still remember when we last won the title in 1968 we went to Spurs for our penultimate game with 54 points (2 games left) and the others in contention were Leeds on 53 points (3 games left), Liverpool on 51 points (3 games left) and "you know who" on 54 points (2 games left). With 2 points for a win the theoretical final totals were Leeds - 59 pts, City - 58 pts, "You know who" - 58 pts and Liverpool 57 pts.

We were top on goal difference after beating Everton in our previous home match thus overtaking "you know who" who had lost away to West Brom in their previous game. We won superbly at Spurs and as the game was coming to the end we got news via transistor radios (no mobile smart phones in those days) that Liverpool had beaten Leeds at Elland road.

We now had to win at Newcastle to secure the title. As we were expected to lose the BBC descended on the Swamp expecting Sunderland to lay down and die, the rest is history we won they lost and we finished 2 pts clear.

It was exciting but I don't want to go through that again especially at my age.

Been a long time since we've played well away from home. We may continue our home form but we'll drop too many away from now on. Teams have found us out. I cant pick a game because I cant see us winning the title.

Keep the faith, will be against them at the end of April, hope whiskey face is about to eat his not in my lifetime words

Mugatu said:
I honestly believe we won't win it. We'll be 4/5 pts back come seasons end.

Hate to say it but I'm another doom and gloom merchant, I also think we'll be 5 points back by then.

I'm not a doom and gloom merchant but how the frig anyone thinks we'll have it sewn up by the time we play the rags is beyond me. I suspect a lot will be riding on that fixture one way or the other and the way things are going at the moment, we'll be doing the chasing but who knows?

Hernandez with a Tap-in to clinch it for United, 88th minute, last game against Sunderland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.