Pickling

softlad

Right,

I want to pickle some eggs and onions. Has anyone got any recipes? I'm not really sure how to do it or what to use.

There is too much info on the inter web to decide! I also don't really understand the pickling spice thing!

Any suggestions?

A little bit chilli flakes goes nice in anything you pickle as does some brown sugar, I often feel alone in the world with my love of pickled eggs, there is a farm nearby here that sells poulet eggs, which are the first eggs laid by young chickens all free range but too small to sell he sells them for about £4.00 for a tray of 28, the only problem is they are to fresh to peel and I have to leave them a week or so

Go into your garden, dig a 4-5ft hole, climb in it and place the misplaced earth back over yourself. Anybody who likes pickled eggs isnt right and should be dispatched into a large hole. ooh-err missus

CTID1988 said:
Go into your garden, dig a 4-5ft hole, climb in it and place the misplaced earth back over yourself. Anybody who likes pickled eggs isnt right and should be dispatched into a large hole. ooh-err missus

How can you say such a thing?

Pickled Eggs are the food of the Gods!

Ducado said:
CTID1988 said:

How can you say such a thing?

Pickled Eggs are the food of the Gods!

They probably are. Any god that can give kids aids and wipe out thousands in natural disasters must eat some pretty messed up shit!

Ducado said:
A little bit chilli flakes goes nice in anything you pickle as does some brown sugar, I often feel alone in the world with my love of pickled eggs, there is a farm nearby here that sells poulet eggs, which are the first eggs laid by young chickens all free range but too small to sell he sells them for about £4.00 for a tray of 28, the only problem is they are to fresh to peel and I have to leave them a week or so

I like putting in Vanilla pods with onions when pickling them, gives some kick to the flavour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.