Pictures from Mary D's last night

BezzMCFC said:
we have some right snobby fans on this forum.

nothing wrong with what these people look like or what they are doing except having a rockin time.
Spot on. Can't drink the shite they serve in Mary D's but it looks like it was a brilliant night if you couldn't get a ticket

Manchester1894 said:
Shithole of a pub, never seen a rougher load of blues in one place.

Word!
JL_maryd_39.jpg

Aye aye...
JL_maryd_13.jpg

Moooooobs
JL_maryd_47.jpg

2 are okay..
JL_maryd_38.jpg

Right some on who dragged the hotties in for a picture, because there'e no way totty like that is regulary crossing the threshold at Mary D's even on a matchday.

BezzMCFC said:
we have some right snobby fans on this forum.

nothing wrong with what these people look like or what they are doing except having a rockin time.

Very true.

Luckily I have as little to do with the Bluemoon smartarses as possible as while they're in their bedrooms on their computers I'm usually in the pub.

my mate was in there he said it was better than being in the game, i think this might be down to the fact that hes a pisshead though

OxBlue said:
I know one of the guys pictured and it may surprise you to know he's got Salford Reds tattooed on his forearm, a mistake from when he was younger.
Salford City Reds RLFC?

-- Thu May 03, 2012 4:07 pm --

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Its a shame that these lads and lasses cant be in the ground.

This is what is wrong with football to me. I had 3 lads sat next to me who were there on complimentary tickets given by Etihad. None were city fans, none were united fans. They were just working here for a few days.

Looks like a lively night. I would imagine it will get messy in there is we win it.

Town will be fcking mental that day if we do. I cant see the MIB scroaty fuckers being out and about that day!
Spot on! Football is catching up to rugby union for how many hoorah Henry's go to games.

You go to any London away game and it's full of people moaning about everyone being stood up. Give me a load of this lot from Mary D's ANY day over that!

Football is a middle class sport now. Shame!

(I can't go in Mary D's though, because of the swill they serve as "beer")

Armitage said:
Ric said:
Ha, I believe certain pictures were deemed inappropriate for publication.

Who do we have to bribe?
The op. It's his mate who has pictures of the girls flashing their spaniels at the camera, according to the MEN

Reporters Mike Keegan joined Manchester City fans at Mary D's pub near Etihad Stadium and Richard Wheatstone watched the match with United fans in The Trafford to share in the highs and lows of a thrilling derby.
Mike Keegan with Manchester City fans at Mary D's.

The final whistle blows in the manchester derby and a gutteral cry erupts from the hundreds of City fans packed into Mary D’s bar beside the Etihad Stadium. It is a roar not just of victory, but of pent-up emotion and new-found belief.
Those 44 long years without a league title might not yet be over, but right now it sounds – and feels – like they already are. “We’ve just witnessed history,” says Mark Cunningham, 38, from Newton Heath.
“Mancini said that it was over - it is now.” The bar is heaving before kick-off, with Blues gathered in two bar rooms and a barn-like disco hall. They are surrounded by a proud but sometimes patchy history – framed pictures of Maine Road, and replica shirts from when Macclesfield rather than United were regular opponents.
But now there is a belief that the tide might finally be about to turn. From the first minute, terrace anthems are belted out by the success-starved horde, as they clutch their lager in paper cups and hurl abuse at United players shown close-up on the screens.
Wayne Rooney is a favourite target – attacked for his Liverpudlian roots – while an image of a gum-chewing Sir Alex Ferguson meets with howls of derision.
As City press forward without joy, the tension grows. Chances are spurned. Then, with half-time approaching, Vincent Kompany’s close-range header sparks what can only be described as joyous chaos. Grown men hug, children bounce up and down on their seats, and one woman bares all to a bemused M.E.N. photographer. The interval comes and goes in a blur, dominated by choruses of Blue Moon and chants of ‘We are top of the league’.
But the joy turns to exasperation and then tension during the second-half, as City inch closer to leapfrogging their bitter rivals at the top of the Premier League. Exasperation grows. Heads fall into hands. There are groans of despair as stars like Yaya Toure and Sergio Aguero miss opportunities to make the game safe.
Seconds feel like minutes, even hours. When the fourth official holds up his board to indicate five minutes’ stoppage time, one man can bear it no longer and flees outside for a cigarette. Then, just like that, it is over – and the new-found confidence seems to flood through the room.
John Wilson, 28, from Middleton, says: “I knew we’d come out on top. Forget about the money, we were the underdogs. “A few weeks ago nobody backed us and we’ve proved them wrong.” Rachel Platt, 26, a flight attendant from Failsworth, says: “Words cannot describe it. We’ll win this title now.” The crowd makes its way on to the streets of Beswick. As they do they pass the bar, and a sign hung above it which reads: ‘The best team in the land and all the world’. They believe it now. They truly do.

Read more at: <a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1492557_agony-and-ecstasy-manchester-city-supporters-savour-derby-victory-as-united-fans-face-defeat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... ace-defeat</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.