pictures of city fans away?

1969 FA Cup Final
6avu9e7e.jpg

Didsbury Dave said:
Sheikh Rattle n Roll said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Great examples of the casual look in the foreground there. Is that the City seats you are sat in?

Yes in City seats, with the rest in the cage on far side!

You can tell. Looks like you're in the middle of the Mayne Line boys there. That's the era when plain round neck jumpers, little City pin badges and hair getting longer, sometimes permed at the back, was in. Dungarees and bennetton jumpers were big around this time too.

Brilliant pic. I've got another from that game somewhere showing everyone going mad after the goal. Give me a minute.
When to this game with the Mayne line service crew.Top day out with lots of daft lads.

Bilboblue said:
Chelsea Lad said:
mancityvstoke said:
yeah every single away mob now sings that shit ! Even divvy Blackburn fans last night even though we took over their stadium .... When we were shit.

Were you scrapping in the north stand in that last game of the season at ours then?

What gets me is when the likes of Arsenal & Everton sing where were you..ect that coming from fans that have never seen their clubs relegated ffs any of us could have supported clubs like that, ive seen Chelsea relegated twice yet get asked where i was lol
Blackburn fans must have short memories, before Jack Walker came along they were getting less than 10,000, then they bought the league & their gates increased.
Fulham are the same though without the success, before Fayed div 3 football with gates of 4,000.

Man City v Chelsea 88/89
<a class="postlink" href="https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMzeSFYCIAAUr7z.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMzeSFYCIAAUr7z.jpg</a>

Was that Division 2 when you were 0-3 up and we got it back to 2-3?

Yes mate 88/89

Danamy said:
Chelsea Lad said:
Alright lads

Just wanted to register & say ive loved looking at these old pics, there's nothing better than seeing pics of massive away turn outs, old proper grounds & how football was in our youth.

Ive a small bit of history with City myself, my first ever trip up north was to Maine Road in 86/87 aged 16, went by myself after two mates blew out at the last minute, we won 2.1 & played in our crap Jade kit.

I went to the FMC final at Wembley v City, typical Chelsea back then 5.1 up with 5mins left & you come back in to it, we're then hanging on for dear life & just got the win.

Maine Road 2001, lets just say I had an eventful day lol.

Enjoy the ride your having & bollocks to anyone that asks about your history or where were you when you were shit.
We get it all the time Zzzzzzzzzz

I've still got my ticket stub from the FMC final, it was my first ever visit to Wembley and it was £5 to stand that day, how times have changed eh?

Ive also still got my stub mate was a great day out for a teenager, that day was the 1st time a Chelsea captain had lifted a trophy at Wembley, as our cup final wins before were at Old Trafford & Athens.

Inter Me Nan said:
allan harper said:
Inter Me Nan said:
That's me just below Giggs elbow ha.

I've probably said it in this thread before, I was to the right of that picture, my united mate was in the shit end, he says he's never ever seen a set of fans celebrate a goal like we did that day/night. Absolute 'fucking mental' was his words.
You're right it was mental, ended up squashed against the barrier right at the front, not nice.

I was in the old Stretford Paddock at this game with 2 blue mates. THE most mental goal celebration of all time. Never seen anything like it...before or since.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.