pictures of city fans away?

Me and Rammyblues got tickets off his mate he worked with in Bolton called Alan Meadows, his parents who couldn't go.

We were sat in the stand behind the goal (opposite end to the Holte end, can't remember what the stand was called, right up in the Gods. What a day that game was.

Brilliant these pictures bringing back so many memories.

Great thread thanks to all that have contriibuted.

They did seem more packed in than us that day but if you remember the rest of the ground was much more city fans than Ipswich.

They did seem more packed in than us that day but if you remember the rest of the ground was much more city fans than Ipswich.

Yes there were. I was in the top tier of the stand to the right as you look out from the Holte End. Was only 11 but I've got some clear memories. One is everyone waving from cars on the M6. Another is Ipswich being all over us for the first half hour, and my Dad shitting it.Then I remember the City fans in other ends waving en masse at the Holte End. Remember that? it happened a bit in those days. Then my most vivid memory of the day is the sea of blue scarves when we sang "never walk alone" after the goal.

The lads behind the goal at ot are all still going today a lad called cobber has just been hit by a copper the other lads are Colin Hughes kev car as Eddie parker John heapy mick hakin tony Rooney Lenny Eden All Langley lads

Yes there were. I was in the top tier of the stand to the right as you look out from the Holte End. Was only 11 but I've got some clear memories. One is everyone waving from cars on the M6. Another is Ipswich being all over us for the first half hour, and my Dad shitting it.Then I remember the City fans in other ends waving en masse at the Holte End. Remember that? it happened a bit in those days. Then my most vivid memory of the day is the sea of blue scarves when we sang "never walk alone" after the goal.

I was top tier behind the goal with my dad. Was a great day as a 12 year old

Us after the Full Members Cup

odqa9.gif

That was a day to remember!

Me and Rammyblues got tickets off his mate he worked with in Bolton called Alan Meadows, his parents who couldn't go.

We were sat in the stand behind the goal (opposite end to the Holte end, can't remember what the stand was called, right up in the Gods. What a day that game was.

Brilliant these pictures bringing back so many memories.

Great thread thanks to all that have contriibuted.
Think that stand was called the Witton End.

It was ultimately a riot mate. City fans ran across the pitch into the home sections and dismantled half the roof on the paddock.

In a strange way you're both correct.
Most of these Blackpool 84 pictures were taken at half time, when there were too many people in one part of the ground. Many City fans, myself included, were then allowed onto the pitch, in order to move to the open terrace behind the goal.
However, according to the anecdotal evidence, the crush had been caused by ticketless blues kicking down a perimeter wall and forcing entry.
I just remember it as being drunken carnage, which seemed par for the course at the time. No excuses, it was just the way it was, in that mid 80s pre Heysel period.
I think this was also the day that the rags lost to Harry Redknapp's Bournemouth

That was a day to remember!
Jesus wept I was there that day
We had drawn to.the shit 2-2 the day b4 if I remember right
I came.out at 5-1 lol heard all the cheers ran back in with me.dad only to realise I was for a penalty thought it was 5 each
But fuck me it was carnage after fighting everywhere
I was 12 at the time I think hahaha
Good days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.