Pictures of your Dog

Here's Daisy again. She's a Patterdale.

20230209-085532.jpg

View attachment 126450
Beauty. Mental?

Beauty. Mental?
Thnx!

Absolutely she is mental. I was new to Patterdales, I'v never known a dog like them tbh. Attacks anything small and furry. Her current kill rate is 1 squirrel, a bird, and 2 rabbits (the 2nd one she beat to death with her muzzle on). You got Patterdales or had them?

Thnx!

Absolutely she is mental. I was new to Patterdales, I'v never known a dog like them tbh. Attacks anything small and furry. Her current kill rate is 1 squirrel, a bird, and 2 rabbits (the 2nd one she beat to death with her muzzle on). You got Patterdales or had them?
Yes, 8 year old little bastard . Calming down a bit these days1000000431.jpg

I met nuttall once...a lot of them slape coated patterdales morphed out of his breeding..nice fella.

Walked through his yard with 15 terriers sunning themselves akip ( untethered)..with me own terrier...not a murmour out of the fifeteen

Other early lines of patterdale are broken coated but an 'Hoover' for vacum cleaner scenario meant patterdale become the nuttall look...all fell terriers.

I met nuttall once...a lot of them slape coated patterdales morphed out of his breeding..nice fella.

Walked through his yard with 15 terriers sunning themselves akip ( untethered)..with me own terrier...not a murmour out of the fifeteen

Other early lines of patterdale are broken coated but an 'Hoover' for vacum cleaner scenario meant patterdale become the nuttall look...all fell terriers.
Wow. Very interesting. Mine deffo got the bull terrier bit in his litter.

Wow. Very interesting. Mine deffo got the bull terrier bit in his litter.

Strictly speaking it wasnt bull terrier blood that was in the Nuttall line ( even though he kept one in his house)..it was northumberland pit terrier or pit dog that was brought down from the newcastle area by his grandfather. Granted that line may well have had a splash of bull blood put into the breeding to ' up' the bone mass but it was only a very bit part of the story...he used a line of very hot wired border terriers whenever he considered his line was deficient in pepper and i recall him saying that that line of border would gti a faltering stafford line, so potent was it. Useing the border he'd have got no litter wastage with the fell & border being almost cousins...the apple head of the border is likely what confuses folk to the use of bull blood...though herberts poncing off nuttalls work did use bull blood ( only cause they couldnt access the pinpoint border blood)

The border line was out in winsford.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.