Pint for a Pal!! **UPDATE**

We recently had a ground floor extension with loo on our end terrace for similar reasons. Extension is big enough to convet into bedroom later if needed. It cost 18K using a private firm and no council involvement. This is with the VAT knocked off (registered disabled). It took 5 weeks from start to finish with only 2 days of disruption inside the house.

We recently had a ground floor extension with loo on our end terrace for similar reasons. Extension is big enough to convet into bedroom later if needed. It cost 18K using a private firm and no council involvement. This is with the VAT knocked off (registered disabled). It took 5 weeks from start to finish with only 2 days of disruption inside the house.

Hi Stoner, not sure what type of loo you had installed, but this is not about how much you, me or anyone else could get it done for, Steve has had people from occupational therapy, disabled adaptions, as well as numerous other departments scrutinising every single thing about him and his financial situation.
Due to What Steve is suffering with the toilet he requires is one that has to be able to wash and dry him.
Anyway if you are doubting the cost of the work and his illness, please pm me and I will gladly take you to visit him, or if you know anyone who is in this type of work carrying out DPA's and can give a cost or quotation then send them his way as well.

if there was anyway of doing it without support or assistance it would be well done by now. There is a fundraising night in July and a couple of sponsorships running at the same time to try and get this done. If anyone can do the work or knows how to change the opinion of the council etc please any assistance would be great.

Not sure what answers you want @stonerblue but the facts are thus:

Steve needs a loo that, as @mainestand says, has to do all functions as his hands are not 'able'. The extension needs a wetroom so he can be wheeled in and he can get showered in a properly installed shower chair.

The extension needs a bedroom with enough wheelchair space either side of the bed and has to (obviously) meet current disability legislation.

The stairs in his house need to be altered to allow new doorways to be installed and the boiler has to be re-sited.

All in all a fair amount of work, not just a normal extension/alteration job. I have seen the documentation telling Steve the total cost they have to contribute towards it and I can assure you, it is the amount that we are all trying to help Steve raise.

Not sure what answers you want @stonerblue but the facts are thus:

Steve needs a loo that, as @mainestand says, has to do all functions as his hands are not 'able'. The extension needs a wetroom so he can be wheeled in and he can get showered in a properly installed shower chair.

The extension needs a bedroom with enough wheelchair space either side of the bed and has to (obviously) meet current disability legislation.

The stairs in his house need to be altered to allow new doorways to be installed and the boiler has to be re-sited.

All in all a fair amount of work, not just a normal extension/alteration job. I have seen the documentation telling Steve the total cost they have to contribute towards it and I can assure you, it is the amount that we are all trying to help Steve raise.

To clear things up;

I don't want any answers because i'm not questioning anything.
My post was meant to be a bit of helpfull advice, pointing out an alternative way to get the job done quicker rather than having to wait for council.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.