Pitch invasions

I took a mate yesterday, he has not got long left on this earth as he is dying of brain cancer. He wanted to City live one last time, he will not see another season.

He is in a wheelchair, but we did not have a wheelchair berth and the stewards were superb with him helping him to his seat, his speech is virtually non existant, he loved yesterday though. Sadly we had to leave with a few minutes to go on the sound advice of the safety steward who helped him back to his wheelchair, because I knew that the rush to get on the pitch could have put him in serious danger and there was no way I was having that.

I get winning the league is exciting,but as a fanbase we seriously have to grow up. We missed the trophy lift and celebrations because I had to get him away from danger, one knock on the head would kill him.

He still had a great day, Andy Morison was brilliant with him and we had a piccy together, he was made up, but it could have been much much more for a Blue who is on the way out.
Nice work Rasc. You're a good man.

I took a mate yesterday, he has not got long left on this earth as he is dying of brain cancer. He wanted to City live one last time, he will not see another season.

He is in a wheelchair, but we did not have a wheelchair berth and the stewards were superb with him helping him to his seat, his speech is virtually non existant, he loved yesterday though. Sadly we had to leave with a few minutes to go on the sound advice of the safety steward who helped him back to his wheelchair, because I knew that the rush to get on the pitch could have put him in serious danger and there was no way I was having that.

I get winning the league is exciting,but as a fanbase we seriously have to grow up. We missed the trophy lift and celebrations because I had to get him away from danger, one knock on the head would kill him.

He still had a great day, Andy Morison was brilliant with him and we had a piccy together, he was made up, but it could have been much much more for a Blue who is on the way out.
Great effort mate. Sadly those going on the pitch were only thinking of themselves. Really needs to stop now, it's needless.

I've read several posters saying they think our pitch invasion was embarrassing. Really?

I disagree. Breaking into your own stadium in a demo against the owners which led to a game being cancelled is what i think is embarrassing.

#perspective

Nah, it's naff, it's embarrassing and it's a fucking pain in the arse watching selfish twats run around on the pitch when you have paid to see City players on there.

Well done, blue. I can say as someone that is unfortunately going down a very similar path as your mate, he will have appreciated everything you did, even if he is no longer able to fully express his thanks. I dream of being able to go to a match again before I fully lose real awareness of what is going on. Hopefully that will happen in the next few years.

Your mate’s situation is just one example of the actual consequences of thousands of people only caring about themselves and ignoring how their actions impact on others, including on the club they support.

Unfortunately, the sort of self-centred, irresponsible, careless behaviour on display yesterday—and the truly bizarre defences of it in this thread, from people that spend countless hours denouncing the same sort of cuntish behaviour by United and Liverpool supporters—are indicative of an increasingly narcissistic, hypocritical culture taking over the UK and elsewhere.

For many, rules and laws—and the well-being and wishes of others, especially those outside of their own narrow perspective and experience of the world—are far less important than their own impetuous desires.

Sad to see but very much becoming the new “normal”, as evidenced yesterday and in this thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.