Pitch invasions

Not sure how a simple pitch invasion has you so riled up calling the parents taking their kids on 'pathetic', at the end of the day its a bit of fun for the fans, if your letting that 'tarnish' your day then it sounds more like your the problem
Easy to simplify it like you have done. Fans were requested numerous times not to invade.So why did they ? Leaves City with a fine regardless of it being easy to pay and blot on the fans copy book. Ask Pep and the team if they would have wanted this invasion or to be able to walk round the stadium at the final whistle. I now what there answer would have been. These ppl just spoil it for the vast majority. Its call selfish. They teach the kids to do the same thing. Tbh I blame City. They do absolutely nothing about it. If there were serious consequences there would be no invasions.

It depends on your point of view.

All saw was fans celebrating another PL title win and the 3rd in a row.

They went on the pitch in an orderly, but enthusiastic manner, celebrated for 10-15 minutes, and then went back to their seats. Done.

As far as I could see and tell there was no trouble in-front of the away fans, there was no trouble with the stewards, no City fans tried to break the stewards cordon in-front of the Main stand, and the goal at the SS end was intact, even though some people says one or two fans were trying to get to it.

The presentation went ahead without any problems. The players celebrated the title with the fans in-front of every stand, especially the South stand.
I did see a few break the cordon, and stewards running after them, ready to tackle them if they did try something. And the goal posts were intact only because there were 3-4 stewards right in front, blocking fans from reaching the goal posts.

Some pitch invasions have been amazing. Blackburn away, QPR home, Villa home. But they felt genuine. Yesterday felt staged. Grown men sliding about, everyone taking selfies rather than savouring the moment. I wasn’t cross, just bored and fed up that the players who should be on the pitch celebrating, had had to leave. My son told me the stewards aren’t allowed to touch anyone trying to get on, so can’t stop it. No idea if that’s true.
Spot on. Its was not necessary at all. Anybody with half a brain could be a steward.

I did see a few break the cordon, and stewards running after them, ready to tackle them if they did try something. And the goal posts were intact only because there were 3-4 stewards right in front, blocking fans from reaching the goal posts.
yeah some goons were trying to shake the posts down.....that was fucking stupid

My favourite pitch invasion was after the last home game of the ‘76- ‘77 season against Everton.

As a young lad in the North Stand, just noticing hundreds of lads suddenly appearing from nowhere in the isles at the back of the stand. And the numbers gradually increasing the closer it got to full time. It was both exciting and a little bit scary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.