PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

My recollection is that:
Fordham (or whatever the name was at the time) paid City XX million for the image rights, giving an immediate boost to our figures. I think it was about 25-30M, which was a big percentage of the club income.
Image rights then were handled by Fordham in their entirety - PB has said earlier (I think I have this right) that image rights aren't wages, and the club don't have to include them.
The trouble is that Fordham are an ADUG company, and as no-one had done this before in English football, it could be viewed as owner investment, or exceeding fair value. I don't know if it's known what the repayment plan was, if any.

What ended up happening was that UEFA changed the rules of what was covered by FFP, and the revised version included related companies like Fordham; City brought the rights back in-house and collapsed the company.

I don't know how it feeds into the charges.
Thanks for that.
I think that in general image rights have to be charged somewhere in the accounts, if not to player remuneration then operating costs?
The arrangement with Fordham and the accounting treatment I assume would have been cleared with auditors.

Not sure how correct that is. The PL will still exist as an organization and business and competition. It will only lose its ability to self regulate its members and rules. That will be vested in an independent regulator.
There will be a clear out of its leadership (and hopefully deep reflection and contrition) if it’s found they lacked necessary evidence to underpin these incendiary accusations. The cartel will be exposed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.