PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

This has probably been answered to death but I’m going to ask it anyway.

Let’s say the premier find the club guilty for breaking rules. In regards to FFP, the club is then investigated by HMRC/police whatever.

Do we not have a case to go after the actually ffp framework itself? Since this all started with unfair football rules that fundamentally stifled owner investment.

No FFP no problem.

This has probably been answered to death but I’m going to ask it anyway.

Let’s say the premier find the club guilty for breaking rules. In regards to FFP, the club is then investigated by HMRC/police whatever.

Do we not have a case to go after the actually ffp framework itself? Since this all started with unfair football rules that fundamentally stifled owner investment.

No FFP no problem.
No

Why can’t we challenge FFP in court? Because we signed up to the premier and Uefa rules?

So those rules can be abused by the authorities to destroy a club and potentially leave us in administration or wound up.

We know Uefa already changed the goal posts to snare us in the past. We also know that Uefa slandered our reputation and tried to ban us on flimsy made up evidence. The premier league are now trying the same approach while the club is lynched in public.

No point of law enabling recourse is perplexing.

Thanks for the blunt response -:)

People need to get their heads around there being no positive outcome for City in this.

At best there is a neutral outcome of probably some lesser charges (such a non co-op and possibly some minor accounting irregularity) that has a minimal affect bar a fine.

The worse outcome is possibly also over played by the press/ rival fans, the worse we will get will be a points deduction. This will slow us down at least for 1 season but more likely 2-3 (depending on how it works with signings, managers, motivation etc.)

I think the top one is the most likely and that in fact even if they prove something and something is there (it is very clear we have flown as close to the line as possible, with the question being have we over stepped). Then it is unlikely to have made us fail PL FFP which has a lot more wriggle room for us then UEFA.

I therefore think out of the 2 investigations, this one it is harder for them to push and UEFA will be time barred and doubt they have the stomach or appetite for round 2.

TBC the talk of flying close to the line/ over stepping. My view is we had to, to compete we will have asked for our best way to maximise our budget and then made a decision on what to do. We won’t be the only club to do that.

The club that have took the piss the most is PSG, who had a very significant back dated Qatari travel sponsor. How you can backdate sponsorship is beyond me.

Why can’t we challenge FFP in court? Because we signed up to the premier and Uefa rules?

So those rules can be abused by the authorities to destroy a club and potentially leave us in administration or wound up.

We know Uefa already changed the goal posts to snare us in the past. We also know that Uefa slandered our reputation and tried to ban us on flimsy made up evidence. The premier league are now trying the same approach while the club is lynched in public.

No point of law enabling recourse is perplexing.

Thanks for the blunt response -:)
Because.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.