PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

They start with a negative (fine)then try to turn it around by saying it’s nothing really just minor,then a number of clubs sanctioned so that makes it alright then..
The favouritism continues. It’s not a lot of money but just enough to make it look as if they - & Barca - have been harshly punished. They then don’t get the real punishment we’d have got such as points deduction; Mickey Mouse trophy taken away from them; or a ban of some sort. No mention of asterisks…..

I may have missed this.... but why did nobody even know the rags were being investigated?.. but every man and his dog know we are and have already decided we're guilty as sin?
Exactly. The “investigators” are executives at the club!!!

I may have missed this.... but why did nobody even know the rags were being investigated?.. but every man and his dog know we are and have already decided we're guilty as sin?

It's UEFA's FFP, and their announcements are normally once it's been decided like this one. No-one hears [edit: earlier than the announcement] about penalties which are agreed by both sides and are deemed minor.

This is likely to have changed since the first time FFP periods were important in 2014, but seems in line with more recent announcements of penalties.

Last edited:
+ a non leaky set of pro-cartel Uefa officials

That obviously was relevant to City's last bout with UEFA and I expect that CAS' warning has cleaned up UEFA's processes quite a lot, with the rearrangement of their committees.

I doubt that these punishments would have gone to whatever UEFA's new structure committees are - probably much simpler and not needing a long investigation.

A club statement read: “While disappointed by the outcome, Manchester United accepts this fine for what UEFA acknowledges to be a minor technical breach of its previous Financial Fair Play rules.

“This reflected a change in the way that Uefa adjusted for Covid 19 losses during the 2022 reporting period, which allowed us to recognise only €15m of the €281m of revenues lost due to the pandemic within the FFP calculation.

“Post pandemic, the clubs’ revenues have recovered strongly and are forecast to reach a record level in the current financial year.

“The club continues to support the enforcement of rules to promote financial fair play and sustainability across domestic and European football.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.