PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

One uefa, one premier league.
Thought the premier league rules included you can’t fail uefa FFP?
Could be wrong

More like it’s united let’s ignore it like the time their fans got the match with Liverpool postponed
That should have been a behind closed doors for 2 matches minimum
Never heard about it since

"Today’s words for the day are “what about City." Indeed. But before we feel sick and worry that the PL will go even harder against us let's go back a few years when we were banned from the CL for two years and fined a fortune. The club never batted an eyelid and Ferran dismissed the charges as "simply not true". There was no compromise, no bailing UEFA out of trouble of its own making by pleading guilty to a lesser charge in the hope of a token slap on the wrist. The club stuck to its assertion that the charges were simply not true unswervingly and n the end UEFA's case collapsed under a pile of dodgy emails. The club's defence this time is the same to what seem the same baseless charges. We have done nothing wrong, WE ARE INNOCENT even of breaking your ludicrous regulations and we certainly have NEVER stooped to anything like false accounting. No compromise, no mitigation, just pure unadulterated innocence. The PL needs more owners like Manchester City's and more clubs like Manchester City. Perhaps the independent regulator will see this - and sort out the real rubbish.

No chance would it take ten years. We could reluctantly sell one or two big assets (Haaland plus another maybe Rodri) to cover any losses in the championship. You’d then be back to where you started minus European football and a couple of players but have more than enough to challenge for the top 4/league. It would probably set us back 3 years in terms of being title challengers.

See Juventus

Juventus came back before FFP really got ramped up.

If we got relegated we would lose a lot of sponsorship and TV money, 90% of the current squad would leave and the entire board would be sacked by Mansour in my opinion. Their positions would be untenable.

I also think if we did get relegated it wouldn't be to the Championship, the legal case against us of being dumped there instead of a promoted league 1 side would never stand. It would be a Rangers scenario where we have to start again. That in itself would lead to a minimum 4 years out of the PL.

And now because FFP is in full force with serious sanctions, we would be confined to spending whatever we bring in.

We would have to rely heavily on lower league scouting and more importantly our academy, of whom would primarily be the second rate players as the top class players will be getting moves to the top leagues. If we had another Foden or Palmer they would demand moves.

That's why I think if we get heavily come down upon and relegated, we will be going all out for the super league.

I think that will be our threat anyway in these proceedings. Basically us saying if you want to take us down, we are off, see you later. We've got Real Madrid, Barca, PSG, Juve and the Milan sides all wanting and ready to get it going.

Remember Susanna Dineage? She was appointed CEO, but withdrew a month later. No reason was given at the time but later
she remarked that certain clubs had too much influence over PL decisions.
She made a statement an hour ago calling for Everton's points deduction to be stayed, & for the urgent introduction of an independent regulator.

Evidently this shocking decision isn't sitting well with politicians. I suspect the government will be forced to treat football clubs as they do all other businesses.

This is the fear UEFA had with the threat of FFP being challenged in the courts. Why should a football business be treated differently to a construction company?

Juventus came back before FFP really got ramped up.

If we got relegated we would lose a lot of sponsorship and TV money, 90% of the current squad would leave and the entire board would be sacked by Mansour in my opinion. Their positions would be untenable.

I also think if we did get relegated it wouldn't be to the Championship, the legal case against us of being dumped there instead of a promoted league 1 side would never stand. It would be a Rangers scenario where we have to start again. That in itself would lead to a minimum 4 years out of the PL.

And now because FFP is in full force with serious sanctions, we would be confined to spending whatever we bring in.

We would have to rely heavily on lower league scouting and more importantly our academy, of whom would primarily be the second rate players as the top class players will be getting moves to the top leagues. If we had another Foden or Palmer they would demand moves.

That's why I think if we get heavily come down upon and relegated, we will be going all out for the super league.

I think that will be our threat anyway in these proceedings. Basically us saying if you want to take us down, we are off, see you later. We've got Real Madrid, Barca, PSG, Juve and the Milan sides all wanting and ready to get it going.
Your right we'd be fucked it they send us down, I say fuck it let's go out for the super league.

They cant be seen to take the punishment easily but it wont go anywhere.
Heard an Everton fan on talkshite before saying that if we've been sanctioned to a 10 point deduction then City should be relegated to the conference for what they have done. Firstly I thought how does he know what weve done and is the allegation even true then I thought what a twat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.