PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It’s a concern that many are overlooking. UEFA’s man at CAS had a human rights background IIRC and he voted against us on one charge after another. Hard to escape the notion that he was judging us for being ‘Manchester City owned by Sheikh Mansour’ rather than open mindedly assessing the evidence on its merits
He was always going to vote against us just as City's representative was always going to vote in favour of City. The CAS representative was the importation component in the vote as his vote was the deciding one.

I don’t know where this idea that barristers only take on cases they think they can win is coming from or the notion that losing a case somehow damages their reputation. Perry Mason wasn’t real. Our own Lord Pannick even defended Boris Johnson, an impossible task which he made a decent fist of until Boris went off script as usual. It’s the skill with which they argue the case that counts, not the outcome. From what my lawyer friend says anyway, but of course they’ll say anything

The CAS decision was 2 to 1. The members of the CAS Panel were, presumably, of sufficiently high repute to be on the CAS register. So perhaps in choosing the panel the EPL are pinning their hopes on that, even with no new evidence, they can find a panel that will rule in their favour on at least some of the more substantive allegations
As previously mentioned the CAS panel is made up of the chairman nominated by CAS then one from each side selected from the CAS pool

I don’t know where this idea that barristers only take on cases they think they can win is coming from or the notion that losing a case somehow damages their reputation. Perry Mason wasn’t real. Our own Lord Pannick even defended Boris Johnson, an impossible task which he made a decent fist of until Boris went off script as usual. It’s the skill with which they argue the case that counts, not the outcome. From what my lawyer friend says anyway, but of course they’ll say anything
Hence the cab rank principal, otherwise people with distinctly poor cases might finish up with no representation.

Note: I think our case at CAS was argued by Paul Harris, assisted by Monica Carrs Frisk
Pannick analysed the case in advance and agreed the lines with Monica.
Harris is slated for the current case.
Can anyone confirm?

It's just obvious what this is about and between UEFA and the PL they have waged a war and flung shit that has stuck for 15 years now, I know someone will say we can't legally talk about it but..

I just wish someone at our club would just say it as it is and tell them to fuck off with an invite to a court of law.
It's about time we went fucking nuclear on this !

i tend to be a bit pessimistic on it, surely if the the PL thought they had a weak case with no actual evidence then they would have pulled the pin, they know the resources of city and how uefa looked after CAS - it cant jsut be a made up case to appease the red shirt brigade - their legals would have weighed up the possibility of a conviction for whatever and decided they really have a strong case - hopefully not
There is no difference between the PL and Red shirt clubs, THEY ARE THE PL. They can just make shit up, like that Rashford goal. It's a no lose situation for United/Liverpool/Arsenal axis, they hide behind the PL façade.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.