PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Breaching the PL rules is the only thing for which the PL can find the club guilty. Once again, this isn't a criminal court. I am well aware that the implication would be that some sort of criminal activity may have taken place, but, from what we know, no relevant authority would be touching this case with a bargepole, imho. And that is one of the reasons why, again imho, the IP isn't finding in favour of the PL on the most serious charges (the other reasons are evidential and financial) and, even if it did, Newton (ADUG) and the board wouldn't let it rest there.
I am well aware of what they can and cannot find us guilt of. The question was not will we be found guilty it was if we are will heads role. I was only ever referring to the most serious allegations. I agree they won’t let it rest there and I would image heads wouldn’t role till the process is complete but they might and if those processes went the same way I would image they would defiantly role if we are stitched at IP we will be stitched up at the appeal tribunal. Which would leave only option as the courts which would take a lot longer with outside pressure for heads to role being huge. Appeals to elsewhere are apparently very hard so that gives us another problem and further increases chances of heads rolling.

Currently I think only Nick Harris has carried a headline suggesting fraud even though that’s the logic of the charges although the PL haven’t said so. If the results come in against us on the most serious charges that will give the media the cover to imply or use the word fraud without facing legal challenge. Which will make calls for the board to go to be huge.

Someone will have to go surely to stop the sheik getting slandered. Which is especially important given who he is

If you see past the fog of jealous Man united/Liverpool teenagers and thick inadequates on the internet this is the prevailing view of City around the country.
Yes, it is. Fans of the Sheffield clubs, Sunderland, Newcastle, West Ham, Blackburn and a few others have all been very complimentary about the club and us fans. It is important to me that, as time goes on, we continue to be humble, not be entitled, and not be hostile to those who cause us no harm.

Can't speak for all Newcastle fans, but the ones I know always had a soft spot for Man City probably because of our tete a tetes with Man Utd in the 90s. When you won the lottery we were happy for you, you'd shake up the established elite and for a team with history and a good fanbase to get back among the big boys was a blessed relief after Chelsea's rise.

Not going to lie, there was a little jealousy when we were at our nadir under Ashley and you were hoovering up the best managers, players, and trophies galore. Now that we've got our new owners there's a sense of being in the same boat; the established teams trying their damndest to shut the door on us, the conversations about sportswashing, people seeing corruption and cheating where in reality it's just good football people making good football decisions. Just need to start getting those trophies.

Always have a good laugh with you lot, more so than fans of the other 'big clubs'. There isn't the entitlement, the arrogance. There might be amongst some of your newer fans, but the blokes I've chatted to are decent. Any time I've spoken to Man City fans they remember where they were before the takeover, watching your team lose to Stockport County and shit like that. It helps that your manager is likeable, that you play entertaining football and your players aren't... (I dunno what the profanity filter is like on here so insert your favourite pejorative here).
I like to think that most city fans are not arsed about being a 'big' club' and are maybe a tad embarrassed when it is said - just feels uncomfortable. We and probably you, don't need the label.

I have read in the recent past, Geordies not being aware of the dogs abuse we have had for over ten years and that it's a new thing just to Newcastle. On one hand this pleases me, as some are maybe not even reading or digesting the hundreds of articles written about our cheating and luck.

I am well aware of what they can and cannot find us guilt of. The question was not will we be found guilty it was if we are will heads role. I was only ever referring to the most serious allegations. I agree they won’t let it rest there and I would image heads wouldn’t role till the process is complete but they might and if those processes went the same way I would image they would defiantly role if we are stitched at IP we will be stitched up at the appeal tribunal. Which would leave only option as the courts which would take a lot longer with outside pressure for heads to role being huge. Appeals to elsewhere are apparently very hard so that gives us another problem and further increases chances of heads rolling.

Currently I think only Nick Harris has carried a headline suggesting fraud even though that’s the logic of the charges although the PL haven’t said so. If the results come in against us on the most serious charges that will give the media the cover to imply or use the word fraud without facing legal challenge. Which will make calls for the board to go to be huge.

Someone will have to go surely to stop the sheik getting slandered. Which is especially important given who he is

Personally I am not interested in discussing "what-if"s. "What if" the IP finds in favour of the PL on the serious allegations is way too complicated an issue and has too many unknown variables, and is irrelevant in my view anyway, for any informed discussion on here.

But you do you.

I think many in the media have to be careful about the wording they use on these charges. The charges are based upon Premier League rules and they have nothing to do with criminal charges. This isn't another Italian calciopoli where actual criminal behaviour such as fraud or match fixing has taken place.

Some outlets have even mentioned a trial date despite the fact that city will not be tried in a criminal court and as a result there will not be a trial. For the media or anyone else to mention the club in the light of criminal behaviour is defamatory and libellous.

The 'charges' will it seems be heard by an independent commission which will come to some decision based upon whatever experience it has. However, city will attack this because who appoints this commission and if the rules aren't based upon legal standing then what are they based upon and how are they applied? If this is all fit for purpose then why have they waited until now to serve them given some go back to 2009?

The whole thing is ripe to fall apart. It doesn't stand a chance because it is based upon limited judgement and random decisions to apply rules, some of which don't even apply due to the length of time since they supposedly occurred. It won't get far given that it hasn't been dealt with well and city has virtually unlimited resources to attack all of this in a real court.

Yes, it is. Fans of the Sheffield clubs, Sunderland, Newcastle, West Ham, Blackburn and a few others have all been very complimentary about the club and us fans. It is important to me that, as time goes on, we continue to be humble, not be entitled, and not be hostile to those who cause us no harm.

That's my experience too. Never had any crap from both Sheffields (I work there), Newcastle, Sunderland, Derby, Forest, Hammers and any of the traditional Lancs clubs like Blackburn, Bolton. Anyone who can think for themselves basically.

What about Khaldoon's reputation? Not exactly an upstart.....

As Managing Director and Group Chief Executive Officer of Mubadala, Khaldoon Khalifa Al Mubarak has led the company’s significant evolution for two decades. Through organic growth, acquisitions, and mergers, Mubadala has become a $276 billion business with assets in more than 50 countries across six international offices. With a global and entrepreneurial mindset, Mubadala is a responsible sovereign investor that generates sustainable financial returns for its shareholder, the Government of Abu Dhabi.

In addition to his commercial responsibilities, Khaldoon holds a number of UAE Government and Abu Dhabi Government responsibilities, including: Member of the Abu Dhabi Executive Council since 2006; Founding Member of Abu Dhabi’s Supreme Council for Financial and Economic Affairs; Presidential Special Envoy to China since 2018; and Founding Chairman of the Executive Affairs Authority, which provides strategic policy advice to His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the United Arab Emirates.

Khaldoon also serves on the Boards of several significant businesses, including the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), and serves as the Chairman of the Boards of the Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation, Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank, Emirates Global Aluminium and City Football Group.
Additionally, Khaldoon Co-Chairs the Abu Dhabi-Singapore Joint Forum and the UAE-France Strategic Dialogue.

He is also a member of the New York University Board of Trustees.

Heads aren't going to roll whatever the outcome, to use a military analogy, the privates aren't "on trial" and neither are the junior officers or the battalion commanders, it's the commander in chief.

This isn't about some minor functionary dipping into the till, or some rogue middle manager, this is about deliberate, systematic fraud driven from the top.

The Sheikh isn't throwing Khaldoon under the bus for this and Khaldoon isn't going to throw Soriano under it either.

Whatever happens they'll be no cull, because the club not only believes it's done nothing wrong, most importantly it knows it's done nothing wrong, and that won't change whatever the verdict.

Can't speak for all Newcastle fans, but the ones I know always had a soft spot for Man City probably because of our tete a tetes with Man Utd in the 90s. When you won the lottery we were happy for you, you'd shake up the established elite and for a team with history and a good fanbase to get back among the big boys was a blessed relief after Chelsea's rise.

Not going to lie, there was a little jealousy when we were at our nadir under Ashley and you were hoovering up the best managers, players, and trophies galore. Now that we've got our new owners there's a sense of being in the same boat; the established teams trying their damndest to shut the door on us, the conversations about sportswashing, people seeing corruption and cheating where in reality it's just good football people making good football decisions. Just need to start getting those trophies.

Always have a good laugh with you lot, more so than fans of the other 'big clubs'. There isn't the entitlement, the arrogance. There might be amongst some of your newer fans, but the blokes I've chatted to are decent. Any time I've spoken to Man City fans they remember where they were before the takeover, watching your team lose to Stockport County and shit like that. It helps that your manager is likeable, that you play entertaining football and your players aren't... (I dunno what the profanity filter is like on here so insert your favourite pejorative here).
Did you/still do, have an affliation with a female City supporter ?

I like to think that most city fans are not arsed about being a 'big' club' and are maybe a tad embarrassed when it is said - just feels uncomfortable. We and probably you, don't need the label.
anyone who isn't a spineless, compensating cretin doesn't need to attach that label to the club that they support.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.