PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

That latest TS interview with Stefan seemed a bit different to previous ones. It came across a bit as though they tried to ambush him and rattle him by allowing phone calls.

As ever, he made everyone look stupid by sticking to facts and not fantasy.
He’s been an exceptional addition to that shitshow of a station since he started appearing.

Adding someone with an ability to think…. Really is quite radical for that shithouse radio station.

Close enough :)

The most important point, in my opinion, is that the emails in themselves don't prove anything. Ask any lawyer. What is important is what actually happened after the discussions in any emails. UEFA couldn't prove that what they thought was discussed in the emails actually happened. They couldn't even prove what they thought was discussed in the emails was what was actually discussed. So a combination of the accounting records which did show what actually happened and personal statements from people who actually knew what happened, describing what did actually happen (and what UEFA thought happened didn't) along with some external financial evidence from sponsors and owner, all carried more weight than a few unsubstantiated allegations.

The same will happen to the PL allegations, imho.

And yes, the tine-barring is a red herring, the
Completely agree. There is no evil Mr.Big type mastermind like in a film. We used to get notes from the boss about what he wanted to achieve but he wouldn't know every single step of the detail in every area, that's where the rest of the staff came in. e g tax, legal, finance , treasury point
As an aside, I also think that might partly be why scruffy Jim is a bit more sympathetic because he has had a Company himself and knows its the staff who do the day to day work
So 100% to me an email is just the original idea, provided it's not doctored of course

“Football is an important part of our culture. It matters to fans and to communities”
Not City fans though apparently.
I’ve lost count of the times I’ve read “it’s the fans I feel sorry for” when talking about Everton and Forest.
Meanwhile City and our fans are getting a good kicking on a daily basis from thick know nowt cunts like her.
maybe she needs educating...
nadia.whittome.mp@parliament.uk

Listening to @projectriver latest podcast, he was saying something on the lines of if the prem league find us guilty it could be a bad thing for them. It got me thinking that if we were found guilty would some sort of authorities have to follow it up and possibly try put people in prison or some other serious sanction? If that was the case would the prem league or other authorities have to go to criminal courts?

While we're in this stage of waiting for the legal process to conclude and because of a total lack of Sub judice, an obvious pattern has emerged, and it seems we just have to suck it up. So, if any other club, player, manager and soon probably even fan, find themselves on the wrong end of a disciplinary process this will be followed by an internet plie on of the form, "What about City". I wouldn't be surprised soon if it's used by a player when appealing against a red card, or a fan fined for pissing in public. Also, any significant win, trophy, new player signing by City will bet met with an internet pile on of the form "What about the 115 charges". We can just expect it 100% of the time until the final outcome. What the club, Etihad Airways and Etisalat chose to do with the mountains of defamatory evidence only time will tell ?
Om these what about City debates it us always unquestioned as fact that City have created the delay but is there any evidence City are dragging it out. Might bettet suit other parties?.

Listening to @projectriver latest podcast, he was saying something on the lines of if the prem league find us guilty it could be a bad thing for them. It got me thinking that if we were found guilty would some sort of authorities have to follow it up and possibly try put people in prison or some other serious sanction? If that was the case would the prem league or other authorities have to go to criminal courts?
Like I've said before, where are the HMRC, Trading Standards and the SFO? You are talking about people being put in prison aren't you?
They need to be investigated. Files need to be seized. Computers hard drives need to be gone through with a fine tooth comb.
The minute the pricks at the Premier League released the statement accusing us of 115 charges all the above authorities should have made their way to our offices at The Etihad and London and wherever else and barged their way in uninvited.

Did that happen? Has it happened? Will it happen?

A big fat no as there is no smoking gun.

Even if City are penalised for some of the charges, the Premier League need to remember what sport is all about. City probably did nothing that other clubs had done until the cartel tried to fix to rules to avoid competition. Imagine if the TV watchdog decided to put Cornonation Street, Eastenders and Strictly Come Dancing on subscription only channels. The Premier League needs to realise the fans of all clubs just want to watch football, not politics. The penalties against Everton and Forest might technically be correct, because they knew the new rules, but I still don’t agree with the sanctions. With City, the rules at the time were unclear, and so much time has passed it seems ridiculous, given the investment the owners have made in East Manchester and given English football the best entertainment ever, that they want to destroy the goose that laid the golden egg. Having said all that, I bet they will. If City succesfully defend the charges, the Premier League, in terms of the management, is dead.

Last edited:
Even if City are penalised for some of the charges, the Premier League need to remember what sport is all about. City pobably did nothing that other clubs had done until the cartel tried to fix to rules to avoid competition. Imagine if the TV watchdog decided to put Cornonation Street, Eastenders and Strictly Come Dancing on subscription only channels. The Premier League needs to realise the fans of all clubs just want to watch football, not politics.
We did do something to upset the cartel:

IMG_3842.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.