PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I'd rather not. If you're unhappy about Mayor Andy Burnham not coming out & saying City are innocent having not seen any evidence & ahead of a hearing, where do we draw the line?

The Council leader? The Chief Constable? The GMLC? Is it also incumbent on them to do what Burnham's failed to do?

I'll hazard a guess that your personal views of Burnham maybe colouring your view on him not publicly claiming City are innocent.

I actually think he’s done some really positive stuff, especially around the nightlife economy. I listened to him on a podcast years ago & liked him & thought he stood up well in Covid however ultimately punished for doing it.

So I want to like him.

Has the Chief Constable had an opinion on football governance?

I hope you can see the pattern. I was the same with Sam Lee, harder on him than any other journalist because I expect more. As a representative with close links you’d expect any discussion prior to CAS he could have been the lone voice to write an article that possibly City could be found innocent, he didn’t.

Not fucking 1!

The IC may not. But they are being asked to. Civil fraud not criminal fraud.
I'm absolutely no expert but it surprises me how many on here are equating the PL claiming that the club circumvented PSR & preceding financial regulations by fraudulent means with criminal fraud offences.

It is entirely possible for us to be found guilty of the PL allegations without any criminal offence taking place surely?

What’s the distinction between the two?

Civil fraud is between private parties and results in compensation or other civil remedies. Criminal fraud relates to illegal activity prosecuted by the Crown with criminal sanctions such as imprisonment.

So the IC can determine an activity to be fraudulent as long as it relates to, in this case, for example, a breach of contract, but it can't determine criminal fraud. Although the same activity may well also be criminal if prosecuted in a criminal court.

I think :)

I'm absolutely no expert but it surprises me how many on here are equating the PL claiming that the club circumvented PSR & preceding financial regulations by fraudulent means with criminal fraud offences.

It is entirely possible for us to be found guilty of the PL allegations without any criminal offence taking place surely?

Yes and no :)

By that I assume that I can be correct depending on what the club has done to circumvent PL rules but it could also be criminal if more serious actions are uncovered?

I was just trying to lighten the mood, really, but yes it is possible that the club can breach the PL rules without being criminally fraudulent. Everton and Forest did, after all.

In our case, however, the combined allegations of filing incorrect accounts to provide an FFP benefit, whilst acting in bad faith leads to the inevitable conclusion that the allegations effectively represent fraud. I should know, I have been blasted by the lawyers on here many times for suggesting otherwise.

Actually, that isn't bad for the club as it raises the level of cogency required in the evidence to prove it to a level which the PL, very probably, can't reach.

Again, all imho.

I actually think he’s done some really positive stuff, especially around the nightlife economy. I listened to him on a podcast years ago & liked him & thought he stood up well in Covid however ultimately punished for doing it.

So I want to like him.

Has the Chief Constable had an opinion on football governance?

I hope you can see the pattern. I was the same with Sam Lee, harder on him than any other journalist because I expect more. As a representative with close links you’d expect any discussion prior to CAS he could have been the lone voice to write an article that possibly City could be found innocent, he didn’t.

Not fucking 1!
I see you've inserted "possibly".

Aren't you putting the cart before the horse? Without being party to the detailed breach accusations & supporting evidence, & City's defence & supporting evidence, how can we resonably expect politician Burham make any claims regarding City's guilt or innocence?

Don't you think it prudent to be in receipt of all the facts before making a judgement call?

Haven't City fans been lamenting over the media & opposition fans deciding we're guilty when similarly having zero supporting or contrary evidence to back up their claims?

Mate, we can't have it both ways.

I see you've inserted "possibly".

Aren't you putting the cart before the horse? Without being party to the detailed breach accusations & supporting evidence, & City's defence & supporting evidence, how can we resonably expect politician Burham make any claims regarding City's guilt or innocence?

Don't you think it prudent to be in receipt of all the facts before making a judgement call?

Haven't City fans been lamenting over the media & opposition fans deciding we're guilty when similarly having zero supporting or contrary evidence to back up their claims?

Mate, we can't have it both ways.

I inserted ‘possibly’ when talking about why I was critical of Sam Lee.

I’ve obviously upset you because I criticised Andy Burnham, don’t take it to heart but there are ways of showing support prior to receiving all the facts. It’s called innocent until proven guilty.

I inserted ‘possibly’ when talking about why I was critical of Sam Lee.

I’ve obviously upset you because I criticised Andy Burnham, don’t take it to heart but there are ways of showing support prior to receiving all the facts. It’s called innocent until proven guilty.
I'm not upset, I'm just trying to be even handed. We can't curse all & sundry for deciding we're guilty until proven otherwise, then call out Burnham for not claiming we're innocent until proven otherwise, & him wanting City to be treated fairly. I just don't see what he's done wrong...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.