PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I suspect any attempt at a settlement is not about us agreeing to some sort of 'pinch' but more about how the PL extricate themselves from the mess they've created.

While it must be tempting for City to say "You started this, so you need to finish it" I'm guessing we'll need to help them out in some way. Probably by not suing the arse off them.
*uck the PL, the reap what you sow.

They tried to shame a club and team that has created history and cemented this league as the best in the world.

What the hell were they thinking?

Maybe. But there was more than one telling thing in a pretty short sentence - I wouldn't have said 'near future' either if there was going to be a hearing in the Autumn and then a lengthy period of deliberation. I think it was a 'dark arts' media statement to start the ball rolling on lower expectations among the frothers. I think they are carefully managing their 'clusterfuck exit strategy' but could be wrong...
Bit like modern day politics. Start leaking the news early so that when the statement comes out everyone already knows

@tolmie's hairdoo keeps liking all my posts when i write that I'm sceptical there's any actual truth to these rumours.

That alone is fucking with my head. What you playing at TH? Is this deliberate? Am I thinking too much into it? I'm literally on here telling everyone to ignore the signs as noise now I'm getting worked up about something which is even less of a "sign". My head's gone. ;-)

Try calling him a ****. He might like it.

I am expecting some sort of statement will be issued before the hearing stating that no further action will be taken, i suspect we will give the PL a way to save face to an extent and we will get some punishment for failing to co-operate.

Something along the lines of, City were found not to have broken the rules but could have brought this to an earlier conclusion if they had provided the information required, as such a settlement of £xxx million has been agreed for non-co-operation, and this will close the matter in full.

In effect clears us of wrongdoing but also allows the PL to save face.
We should only do so once the new financial anchoring deal is set at 7 x tv money. They need to bring something to the table

Last edited:
As fast as we've grown just think how much more it would have been without the false accusations.
Or not as much. Had we not won the treble for example, had we not been spurred on by the charges.

Either way, they are now a part of our journey, I have come to accept that.

If the settlement talk is true, then I would hope our club is telling them definitively that we need clarity from them to confirm they acknowledge the ruling and state city are cleared.

Plus, I would hope that's we're seriously pushing for a reform of the system to reduce the influence of certain clubs. No doubt at all this has been pushed and prolonged by certain mard arses behind the scenes at United, Liverpool, arsenal and more. That letter a few years back was simply outrageous, and certainly itself broke the FA code of conduct and Premier League statement of principles. That it was allowed, and nothing said at the time, is a failing which should have been taken to task at the time by both of them.

Trouble is, City have been hurt enough the constant accusations and snidey remarks, the attempts to take the shine off our achievements, that we need to see blood. Ruling for us is great, but doesn't change the narrative. If the club are willing to penny pinch from each and every fan during a time of financial difficulties, to the extent that it is seen as a viable strategy to increase ticket prices almost on an individual basis to maximize profit, then I'd certainly hope that they would be eager to address the loss or reduction of revenues due to these pie in the sky accusations.

Not to say to stand up for the fans who put up with 'cheat' remarks daily, and not just from other fans but on the telly, in the papers and on every sporting website, or worse have been physically attacked by people who think City fans are fair game because our club has been judged guilty in the court of social media.

This whole debacle has been a premiere showcase of the complete lack of authority or expertise in their own rules, by a governing body clearly unfit for purpose and in need of major reform. I hope this is our chance to change that, and regardless of what we want as a club, actually force a system that is better for all clubs, more transparency and more fairness, instead of this sewer hole or idiocy that FFP has been going down, and with increased speed and ignorance too.

If the settlement talk is true, then I would hope our club is telling them definitively that we need clarity from them to confirm they acknowledge the ruling and state city are cleared.

Plus, I would hope that's we're seriously pushing for a reform of the system to reduce the influence of certain clubs. No doubt at all this has been pushed and prolonged by certain mard arses behind the scenes at United, Liverpool, arsenal and more. That letter a few years back was simply outrageous, and certainly itself broke the FA code of conduct and Premier League statement of principles. That it was allowed, and nothing said at the time, is a failing which should have been taken to task at the time by both of them.

Trouble is, City have been hurt enough the constant accusations and snidey remarks, the attempts to take the shine off our achievements, that we need to see blood. Ruling for us is great, but doesn't change the narrative. If the club are willing to penny pinch from each and every fan during a time of financial difficulties, to the extent that it is seen as a viable strategy to increase ticket prices almost on an individual basis to maximize profit, then I'd certainly hope that they would be eager to address the loss or reduction of revenues due to these pie in the sky accusations.

Not to say to stand up for the fans who put up with 'cheat' remarks daily, and not just from other fans but on the telly, in the papers and on every sporting website, or worse have been physically attacked by people who think City fans are fair game because our club has been judged guilty in the court of social media.

This whole debacle has been a premiere showcase of the complete lack of authority or expertise in their own rules, by a governing body clearly unfit for purpose and in need of major reform. I hope this is our chance to change that, and regardless of what we want as a club, actually force a system that is better for all clubs, more transparency and more fairness, instead of this sewer hole or idiocy that FFP has been going down, and with increased speed and ignorance too.
If anyone from the club is reading this forum this is what they need to do x 1000

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.