PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

A good point and one that we could make our own case against Masters and his mates.
This whole affair must be having a negative effect on us as a business model. Advertising and sponsorship deals are very much a part of the game because the EPL is a big draw to TV audiences. For example, how many here had ever heard of Etihad before we became big audience grabbers? Nowadays everyone has heard of Etihad and knows it is a luxury airline.
But as long as our name is being dragged through the mud, then companies who otherwise would want to link themselves to City may reluctantly hold back for fear of losing respect by linking themselves to our club. By not backing us as they once might have done then we would possibly be denied access to millions, tens of millions or hundreds of millions of pounds.
I have no idea if this has happened but if it has then there HAS to be a counter claim for losses which arose following the 115 charges, should innocence be proven.
Sauce for the goose......
Our business model is functioning perfectly well. Record turnover, record investment, record profits.
We are a financial powerhouse unmatched by most other teams. Our CFG business model is envied across the world.
On the pitch we are World Club Champions.
We will be exonerated of the most serious charges.
We are the best team in the land and all the World, on and off the pitch.
CTID

Absolute fucking hatchet job thinly disguised as journalism on The Athletic tonight!

Manchester City, the Premier League and the season everything might change

A few excerpts:

There are some (executives) who are so worn down by the decade-long pursuit of City that they fear Manchester City’s case may result in a financial settlement rather than a sporting penalty. Then there are rival executives who consider this outcome to be impossible, utterly outrageous, and say it would cast the death knell for financial sustainability not only within the English game but across European football.

As one Premier League club executive says: “The collective view I’ve heard is that an appropriate sanction would have to be a points deduction so substantial — we are talking here between 70 and 80 points — that it guarantees City a season in the Championship.”

Another of the sport’s leading figures suggests the punishment ought to be more creative, that a number of points could be deducted from City in each of the next three seasons, meaning the club’s chance of Champions League qualification would be severely restricted. Another compares the City case to that of the English rugby union side Saracens who, when Premiership champions in 2019, were deducted 35 points, hit with a £5.36million ($6.9m at current rates) fine and relegated to the second division owing to non-compliance with the league’s salary-cap rules.

A coach who came up against City has simply made his mind up about their guilt and argues they have not achieved their success with the same level of discipline as their rivals, but suspects it is too late now to truly remedy the matter. At the same time, there are fears that a failure to convict and punish City poses major questions about the Premier League’s ability to run itself, particularly with the prospect of an independent regulator still looming next year. Numerous club executives say their incentives to follow the rules would be greatly diminished if the Premier League proves toothless on City.

In English football, nobody is prepared to put their name to quotes about the City case. That is not the same for La Liga president Javier Tebas, who has been a longstanding critic of the impact of clubs linked to nation-states. City always insist they are not owned by the state of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), but Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan is the deputy prime minister of the UAE and the minister of presidential affairs. He is the majority shareholder in City via Newton Investment and Development, a company he wholly owns and which is registered in Abu Dhabi.

Tebas tells The Athletic: “It is difficult for me to say what is proportionate in England because I don’t know so well the English rules and law. But I can refer to what happened at UEFA… then what happened at CAS — in a resolution I would describe as a joke — is they took the sanction away. It was a very controversial decision to take away that sanction. Now, let’s see, I won’t dare to predict, but I am aware that there is a lot of concern among many clubs in the Premier League about what happens with City. What happens with Man City is a before and after moment for the Premier League itself.”

And so on…

Anyone would think the Euros are over, the Olympics are over, and City are about to embark on the chance to win a FIFTH STRAIGHT TITLE!!!

UFB…Oh wait, no, it’s entirely predictable!

If you thought the whole of English football was praying for an Arsenal title win last season, one can only imagine the narrative we face this season.

Let the games begin!
Yep, all sadly predictable and City bingo in full swing.

We just have to accept the fact that we are universally despised. The smear campaigns have achieved their objectives.

Absolute fucking hatchet job thinly disguised as journalism on The Athletic tonight!

A few excerpts:

There are some (executives) who are so worn down by the decade-long pursuit of City that they fear Manchester City’s case may result in a financial settlement rather than a sporting penalty. Then there are rival executives who consider this outcome to be impossible, utterly outrageous, and say it would cast the death knell for financial sustainability not only within the English game but across European football.

As one Premier League club executive says: “The collective view I’ve heard is that an appropriate sanction would have to be a points deduction so substantial — we are talking here between 70 and 80 points — that it guarantees City a season in the Championship.”

Another of the sport’s leading figures suggests the punishment ought to be more creative, that a number of points could be deducted from City in each of the next three seasons, meaning the club’s chance of Champions League qualification would be severely restricted. Another compares the City case to that of the English rugby union side Saracens who, when Premiership champions in 2019, were deducted 35 points, hit with a £5.36million ($6.9m at current rates) fine and relegated to the second division owing to non-compliance with the league’s salary-cap rules.

A coach who came up against City has simply made his mind up about their guilt and argues they have not achieved their success with the same level of discipline as their rivals, but suspects it is too late now to truly remedy the matter. At the same time, there are fears that a failure to convict and punish City poses major questions about the Premier League’s ability to run itself, particularly with the prospect of an independent regulator still looming next year. Numerous club executives say their incentives to follow the rules would be greatly diminished if the Premier League proves toothless on City.

In English football, nobody is prepared to put their name to quotes about the City case. That is not the same for La Liga president Javier Tebas, who has been a longstanding critic of the impact of clubs linked to nation-states. City always insist they are not owned by the state of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), but Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan is the deputy prime minister of the UAE and the minister of presidential affairs. He is the majority shareholder in City via Newton Investment and Development, a company he wholly owns and which is registered in Abu Dhabi.

Tebas tells The Athletic: “It is difficult for me to say what is proportionate in England because I don’t know so well the English rules and law. But I can refer to what happened at UEFA… then what happened at CAS — in a resolution I would describe as a joke — is they took the sanction away. It was a very controversial decision to take away that sanction. Now, let’s see, I won’t dare to predict, but I am aware that there is a lot of concern among many clubs in the Premier League about what happens with City. What happens with Man City is a before and after moment for the Premier League itself.”

And so on…

Anyone would think the Euros are over, the Olympics are over, and City are about to embark on the chance to win a FIFTH STRAIGHT TITLE!!!

If you thought the whole of English football was praying for an Arsenal title win last season, one can only imagine the narrative we face this season.

Let the games begin!

Every time the fake charges come up the media have a week of clicks increased revenue! Next time it be mentioned will be the international week! Man City have kept some these media company going for years with these fake charges

I didn't think there was anything wrong with the Athletic article myself. Some interesting quotes - the one on settlement I completely agree with, the one on the APT stuff, I completely disagree with. And of course a lot of old ground and stating the obvious.

The APT case is not practically appealable though. That is wrong

Last edited:
We are already in the sun !!

Nothing can obliterate the experiences and memories we enjoyed in recent years.

Moving from superiority over the rags to supremacy over them is an experience I'm all ready relating to my grandchildren.

Superiority to Supremacy !!
The best days since Uwes' grandad bombed the swamp......

Or journalism in most cases
Now, now. As Migs kept telling someone who was taunting him about his lack of shorthand skills, he has a degree in journalism.

And Ronay was a qualified lawyer, working for a 'magic circle' law firm before going into journalism. However as law involves using logic and mastering detail, rather than coming out with any old stream of consciousness shite that comes into your head, I can see why he wasn't suited to a legal career.

A few excerpts:

And so on…

Let the games begin!
Hateful bile, has a journalist put their name to the article?

I think it's possible, as regards non-cooperation, that the outcome of the challenge to the new APT rules might be interesting even though, on the face of it, the two aren't connected . A couple of our allegations, that they are "unlawful" and/or "discriminatory", are, to my mind, illustrative of "bad faith" on the part of the PL towards our club. Given the PL's emphasis on "good faith" in the charges and it's own rules about clubs acting in good faith towards each other, any finding in our favour that suggests "bad faith" on the part of the PL may go some way towards evidencing why we don't trust the investigatory process.
Want to like this twice exactly right re no cooperation bad faith got punishment reduced at cas

How the fuck has parry got enough sway and power to give a speech to then government on what I assume is a defense of the pl without government interference?

How is he the best representative of it? Fuck me!!!
I’m telling you, Liverpool and United have more power over the pl that we can even imagine. We’ve only heard snippets but imagine how deep it runs.

I always wonder if the sheik and his men were surprised how bad it is when they started getting targeted by them? And I wonder if they’re still a bit flabbergasted about how evil and bitter these fuckers are that they’re willing to kill the competition to take us down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.