PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

IIRC during the podcast when harris was talking about the etihad deal, he eluded to as you point out about the irregular amounts being that the deal was increasing with several new deals being signed off and he questioned the fair market value aspect of it, however, @slbsn seemed to agree that this was the case and argue with him it is very difficult to determine fair market value. Stefan didn't appear to correct him with what you are stating here.
I may be wrong and would gladly stand corrected.
It is not only difficult it is completely impossible for an outside entity to determine fair market value, the market sets the value that is the nature of economics and it is baffling to me how this continues to be a talking point.

There are no words to describe how shite this article and headline is. Total incompetence. The MEN is just a laughing stock. A whole story built on a throwaway comment from a total moron with zero understanding of finance and legal issues.

Written by a 14 year old Chelsea fan from Peterborough. Absolute prick who needs to be taught a lesson in respect. The MUEN are one of those organisations that just when you think they cant descend any lower…. They do.

Can't underestimate how much I'm sure we all appreciate the efforts of those with knowledge of the situation and/or the workings of the process but I do feel as if we need a dumbed down version of events alongside such things, for the simpletons like me.
City are not guilty, this is a sham brought about by red top morons, will that do?

Written by a 14 year old Chelsea fan from Peterborough. Absolute prick who needs to be taught a lesson in respect. The MUEN are one of those organisations that just when you think they cant descend any lower…. They do.
the MUEN hit rock bottom and started digging

Can't underestimate how much I'm sure we all appreciate the efforts of those with knowledge of the situation and/or the workings of the process but I do feel as if we need a dumbed down version of events alongside such things, for the simpletons like me.
Here it is.
1. City have been very creative as regards FFP, business practices, ground development, transfers and more besides, massively increasing our income.
The redshirts, pissed off at losing revenue as we pushed them out of the CL, have persuaded Masters to mount a campaign to nobble us. Their PR effort involves a lot of lies which their supporters in the media happily repeat. We are about to win the case they have brought against us and end the career of Masters, who is bricking it.

2. The PL changed their rules to ensure our sponsorships were downgraded. We finally got pissed off with them and are suing them for unfair practices.
3. City are the best team in the land and all the world. It infuriates the redshirts who are a bit crap and have one PL title between them since the year dot.

Last edited:
That wasn't specifically set out in black and white iirc but even if not, it's a pretty safe assumption. In their submission to CAS, City talked about the 'accruals basis' of accounting, which is separate to the cash payments. That means if Etihad contract to pay us £60m a year over 10 years, we'll record £60m a year in the accounts, regardless of whether the cashflow is £60m a year or not.

If Etihad paid us £200m in year one, we'd still show that as £60m revenue in the P&L account, with £140m as deferred revenue in the balance sheet. If they paid us nothing the following year, we'd again show £60m revenue, but with deferred revenue of £80m.

So when Harris was going on about us under-stating the Etihad revenue, when he added up three years cash receipts and divided by three, he clearly had no idea about accruals accounting. The timing of the cashflow is irrelevant.
Very interesting thanks.
I do recall Gary Cook talking about us accelerating player investment planned for future years so maybe this is what it was.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.