PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

When I read the cas document it said that city were paid 8million directly by Etihad and then the remaining 59 by the uae central funds which was loaned to etihad - is that correct?

So for £67.5 million per anum, do Etihad Airways sponsors of the football World Champions receive value for money ?

Off the top of my head, they receive the following services:-

1 A large part of Manchester M11 has been named the Etihad campus for over a decade now.

2 The Etihad Airways stadium sign is seen by millions of passengers flying into Manchester Airport on the east Manc inbound route.

3 The millions of people who have seen Etihad Airways ads during visits to the stadium for games/concerts/conferences etc.

4 The hundreds of millions of people who have seen Etihad Airways on MCFC kits during televised games

5 The millions of MCFC/Etihad references seen daily on digital platforms all over the globe, news, social media etc

6 The millions of passengers who have flown on Etihad Airways aircraft painted in the beautiful sky blue MCFC livery.

7 The millions of replica kits worn around the world by fans with the ’can’t miss’ Etihad Airways brand on display

8 The Manchester Metro Etihad station, used/seen by hundreds of thousands of rag commuters.

How does that lot compare to the dipps for receiving £50 per anum for Standard Chartered on their kits?, is it Fair Market Value ?
I just ask -
Had you heard of etihad airways in 2007?
Have you heard of them now?

Now multiply that by hundreds of millions of people who will give the same no/yes answer and see how much that is worth

Last edited:
I'm continually told how dodgy our Etihad sponsorship is, a rag acquaintance suggested it was an outlier, very weird, I sent him this list purely to show how common it is...

Here is a list of major sporting sponsorships by Middle Eastern airlines, these are absolutely perfect in every way, pure as the driven snow and that applies to the other UAE airline Emirates...

1. Emirates
- Arsenal FC (Stadium naming rights & shirt sponsor)
-Real Madrid CF (Shirt sponsor)
- AC Milan (Shirt sponsor)
- Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) (Shirt sponsor)
- Hamburger SV (Shirt sponsor)
- World Rugby (Global partner of Rugby World Cup)
- International Cricket Council (ICC) (Sponsor)
- US Open Tennis (Sponsor)
- Formula 1 (Global partner)

2. Qatar Airways
- FC Barcelona (Former shirt sponsor)
- Bayern Munich (Sleeve sponsor)
- AS Roma(Shirt sponsor)
- CONMEBOL Competitions** (Official airline sponsor, including Copa Libertadores)
- FIFA (Sponsor of the FIFA World Cup)
- Formula E (Official airline partner)
- Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) (Official airline partner)
Did you ask Raggie why Chevrolet sacked the person who negotiated their sponsorship deal with his shit club because it was over inflated or why the Team Viewer sponsorship deal was approved even though the financial information available showed and was subsequently proved that they couldn't afford to honour it.
If he wants to go back further, ask him why the questions that Coolmore asked about Fergusons dodgy financial deals were never answered or why they were allowed to generate millions of pounds by floating on the stock market when FA rules permitted this at the time.

When I read the cas document it said that city were paid 8million directly by Etihad and then the remaining 59 by the uae central funds which was loaned to etihad - is that correct?
I thought Sheikh Mansour *ahem* made up sponsorship deals and just made up names of 'sponsors' (but secretly paid out of his own money).
The press and especially that loony loony loony twat in the hat harris have categorically said he did and they said they've even seen the emails to confirm it.

( they've also seen Father Christmas and have unicorns as pets)

So basically the PL are barking up the same wrong tree as UEFA
That’s how I have seen it all along. It just puzzles me that the PL are stupid enough to do the same
None of us know for sure, but yes I don't think they have anything beyond the emails. I think I'm probably with CAS that if we played nicer earlier on then we might have avoided this altogether, but also understand the club's position that they don't trust them as far as they can throw them.

None of us know for sure, but yes I don't think they have anything beyond the emails. I think I'm probably with CAS that if we played nicer earlier on then we might have avoided this altogether, but also understand the club's position that they don't trust them as far as they can throw them.
"Why always us"......

I love khaldoon.

I hope he's seen his arse big time over this and had enough.

You can only back a genuine nice guy into a corner for so long before he shows you who the real man is.

So basically the PL are barking up the same wrong tree as UEFA
That’s how I have seen it all along. It just puzzles me that the PL are stupid enough to do the same
It is one big, damaging smear and fishing campaign. Damage has been done in lost sponsorships I'd imagine, not to mention players who wouldn't come to City. That said, if they believe that crap then do we really want them?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.