PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

No, it doesn't. All the PL have to show is that our accounts weren't what we said they were (still a high burden) but the rest of the stuff - motive, mens rea, etc - isn't relevant (for them). It may be relevant in other proceedings
The allegation appears to be that the club has acted in bad faith, that the audited accounts are wrong (not accidentally), for 9 years and material transactions were concealed from the PL. On any basis, that is an allegation amounting to dishonesty and very serious.

As it was at CAS: "The Adjudicatory Chamber found that ADUG entered into “arrangements ” and/or a “scheme” to make payments through Etisalat (for the 2011/12 and 2012/13 seasons) and Etihad (for the 2012/13, 2013/14 and 2015/16 seasons) that were, in fact, “disguised equity payments ”. The true nature of these payments is said to have been deliberately concealed and improperly reported by MCFC under the CLFFPR. These very serious allegations necessarily involve a conspiracy on the part of MCFC, its shareholder and these two sponsors."

Later these were described as "charges for dishonest concealment."

So the PL can try and sugar coat it but City will double down on it and say the charges are allegations of dishonesty and therefore require a more cogent level of evidence alongside the relevant standard of proof (balance of probabilities).

In short, the allegation of civil "fraud", false accounting and dishonesty is absolutely relevant here. City will no doubt refer to the English Law equivalent of this from CAS "MCFC also refers to the arbitral award issued in CAS 2017/A/5379, where the CAS panel, inter alia, held that "inherent within [the comfortable satisfaction] standard is a requirement that the more serious the allegation, the more cogent the supporting evidence must be in order for the allegation to be found proven

It was very nearly the end of UEFA as we knew it, but they just just clung on (in a big part, down to us pulling out of the Super League).

I think this could be, at least, the start of the end of the Premier League’s dominance as the major league in Europe if we are found not guilty.
What makes you think that?

He’s explaining it in basic terms so even the most biased and uneducated Rag, Scouser, and Cockney can get their heads around it.
Yeah agreed, I wasn't knocking him, it's a small gripe with the phrasing. If the rags and scousers knew they were confusing a more serious breach for a lesser one, then nobody would have to keep correcting them or using the phrases they're listening out for.

The allegation appears to be that the club has acted in bad faith, that the audited accounts are wrong (not accidentally), for 9 years and material transactions were concealed from the PL. On any basis, that is an allegation amounting to dishonesty and very serious.

As it was at CAS: "The Adjudicatory Chamber found that ADUG entered into “arrangements ” and/or a “scheme” to make payments through Etisalat (for the 2011/12 and 2012/13 seasons) and Etihad (for the 2012/13, 2013/14 and 2015/16 seasons) that were, in fact, “disguised equity payments ”. The true nature of these payments is said to have been deliberately concealed and improperly reported by MCFC under the CLFFPR. These very serious allegations necessarily involve a conspiracy on the part of MCFC, its shareholder and these two sponsors."

Later these were described as "charges for dishonest concealment."

So the PL can try and sugar coat it but City will double down on it and say the charges are allegations of dishonesty and therefore require a more cogent level of evidence alongside the relevant standard of proof (balance of probabilities).

In short, the allegation of civil "fraud", false accounting and dishonesty is absolutely relevant here. City will no doubt refer to the English Law equivalent of this from CAS "MCFC also refers to the arbitral award issued in CAS 2017/A/5379, where the CAS panel, inter alia, held that "inherent within [the comfortable satisfaction] standard is a requirement that the more serious the allegation, the more cogent the supporting evidence must be in order for the allegation to be found proven
Thanks for taking the time to reply mate. The point I was failing to make is that the PL tribunal won’t, I bet with my last 50p, adopt anything like as clear an approach to this issue as a quasi legal organisation like CAS did. We will need to wait for the high court for that. The PL will find us guilty in the same way UEFA did at first instance, I have no doubt

Thanks for taking the time to reply mate. The point I was failing to make is that the PL tribunal won’t, I bet with my last 50p, adopt anything like as clear an approach to this issue as a quasi legal organisation like CAS did. We will need to wait for the high court for that. The PL will find us guilty in the same way UEFA did at first instance, I have no doubt
I don't agree with that at all. And there is no High Court route. The only appeal is another PL Panel. So lets hope I am right!

There’s no ongoing feud.

Correct.

Saudi Arabia and its Arab allies agreed on Tuesday to restore diplomatic relations with Qatar and restart flights to and from the country, ending a three-year boycott of the tiny gas-rich nation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.