PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

But they give no details on repayment or interest, unless I missed it, which is unusual no?
Here's what they've been paying in interest vs what BOE base rates were at the time. Note the loan was given as a way of refinancing existing debt for the stadium as opposed to being used to buy players.

I'd say any independent auditor may query why the interest % paid in 2022-23 was lower vs previous periods when the BOE base rate was higher TBH. I doubt Arsenal were offered a 0% balance transfer deal on their credit card.

1000014880.jpg

Here's what they've been paying in interest vs what BOE base rates were at the time. Note the loan was given as a way of refinancing existing debt for the stadium as opposed to being used to buy players.

I'd say any independent auditor may query why the interest % paid in 2022-23 was lower vs previous periods when the BOE base rate was higher TBH.

View attachment 134521

That's interesting, but I meant in the actual accounts. Back when I was an accountant, that was a requirement, iirc.

That's interesting, but I meant in the actual accounts. Back when I was an accountant, that was a requirement, iirc.
Yeah fair enough. I don't know unless it's buried in with all the other costs of finance figures and is presented as a single overall cost in the P&L.

I haven't had much free time recently but I had a quick look at Brighton & Arsenal's accounts. Brighton declare Bloom's loans as an RPT but the Arsenal accounts I looked at don't. I think there's a holding company accounts I didn't look at so I'll do that tonight.

But if Arsenal aren't declaring owner loans as an RPT then surely they're not submitting accurate accounts, which is what we've been charged with, and where the charges specifically mention related parties.
great work

We could end up in a doomsday scenario where City get done on the 115 and get points deducted, Arsenal and Liverpool get done for Shareholder loans and likewise get points taken off, Villa, Spurs, Newcastle etc get done for not properly accounting for commercial revenues and also get a points deduction and the Rags end up winning the PL by default!

#Sireriktenhag

Yeah fair enough. I don't know unless it's buried in with all the other costs of finance figures and is presented as a single overall cost in the P&L.

A problem highlighted perhaps with so much " buried " deep within, being the " supposed purpose " for the instigation for the charges.

Perhaps certain , more favoured clubs, have more to conceal than the party actually being villified as being the criminal.

Football management is clearly a very secretive and questionable business for some.

Allies ready to assist in the process become very valuable assets - again with figures not shown within the company accounts.

But hey what do I know as a supporter ?

Last edited:
We could end up in a doomsday scenario where City get done on the 115 and get points deducted, Arsenal and Liverpool get done for Shareholder loans and likewise get points taken off, Villa, Spurs, Newcastle etc get done for not properly accounting for commercial revenues and also get a points deduction and the Rags end up winning the PL by default!

#Sireriktenhag
only by the PL allowing their financial cheating as well remember

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.