PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

So what's everyone thinking at the moment regarding whether the hearing is still taking place? We're into week 6 now and, Arsenal fans on X with vivid imaginations aside, there have been no leaks that I know of. Apart from those photos of our lawyers entering the building on day one, I don't think there's been anything since. Some posters think that the hearing may already have finished as the mooted 10 weeks is an unusually long period of time even for something like this with multiple accusations to work through.

I strongly suspect the day of the release of the judgement findings in this case will see the Internet run out of candles and an official day of mourning announced in scousepool.

Vigils will be held, black armbands will be worn. To hear the lamentation of their women and children (oh sorry that's from somewhere else). Sky sports will come out in sympathy and news reports on a yellow ticker will declare "its not fair". Arsenal will send a condolences letter, on headed notepaper and several other clubs will sign it.

United will release a press briefing saying it had nothing to do with them and theyve sacked tge person responsible weeks ago and any emails to the contrary in evidence should be published knowing they will take strong action against the publishers.

I have a feeling its going to be glorious!

So what's everyone thinking at the moment regarding whether the hearing is still taking place? We're into week 6 now and, Arsenal fans on X with vivid imaginations aside, there have been no leaks that I know of. Apart from those photos of our lawyers entering the building on day one, I don't think there's been anything since. Some posters think that the hearing may already have finished as the mooted 10 weeks is an unusually long period of time even for something like this with multiple accusations to work through.

I do wonder why are lawyers were photographed on the first day and haven't been since. Presumably they are still using the same entrance to the building? Or was it a deliberate tactic to exude confidence in our case?

For me, the original Etihad sponsorship (2014-2024, £60m/year) was always the biggest concern. Despite CAS202O, it seemed 115/130 would be based on another all-out attack on Etihad.
The likes of Delooney and Twat have always attempted to illegitimise the entire deal, this was picked up by the MSM and then spread like wild fire via social media. For example, I thought I was once having a reasonable chat with a rag about Etihad, until he uttered something like "but Etihad isn't a real airline, is it, its an elaborate ploy to pump money into City". Obviously, that was the end of that exchange.

However, because of the APT case, we know, for certain, we informed the PL of a 10 year renewal with Etihad.This is THE important point. The PL did NOT say either of the following..

1 The APT/FMV assessment of the renewal is never going to happen because of the 115/130 charges.

2 The APT/FMV assessment of the renewal is postponed until the outcome of the 115/130 charges.

No, the PL completed a full assessment (now set aside, due to an unlawful process) but blocked the deal because of some index linking that would see the value grow over the ten year period.

This can only be interpreted as an implicit acceptance of the ten year renewal, believed to be around £80m/annum. That's only approx 1% of Etihad's annual revenue.

Could it be THE core issue (Ethihad Airways) we all assumed 115/130 would include was, in fact, NEVER relevant to the charges. That would only leave the minor issues, Etisalat, Mancini, Fordham with potential sporting sanctions and Non-Coop. Would it take 10 weeks to resolve that lot ?. This would add weight to the rumours that the hearing has finished.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.