PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I just looked back. Your view was that my view on the non cooperation charges was “wishful thinking”. I took That to mean that you felt we will likely be found to have failed to cooperate. Sorry if I misconstrued.
My view was here. Essentially the PL has wide powers. So the bar is relatively low for the PL on these charges. We don’t know what was and wasn’t/will or won’t be provided but there are few hiding places or games we can play given the breadth of the rules. Of course, obviously irrelevant or fishing or non existent or third party docs are exemptions.

I genuinely believe that it is very difficult for the PL to make a case for failing to cooperate prior to the final Court hearing. It is entirely appropriate within English Law to have a Discovery dispute tested in Court prior to providing the information requested. It is not therefore a failure to cooperate if we following the final court ruling supplied everything we thought was appropriate or relevant to those requests. The ONLY way thereafter we can be found to have failed to cooperate is if we either provide further extensive documents relevant to those requests to the panel which were not supplied to the PL. Alternatively evidence is provided to show that documents that clearly exist and were relevant have been deliberately withheld.
I know others disagree with me here about this but I do not think a failure to cooperate is anything like as straightforward for the PL to find.

I have no legal knowledge so I’m very aware law is different to common sense but that seems perfectly logical to me.

Outstanding post and perfectly on point.

Our club should have responded to the media long ago, they should be lauded for what they have done for English football, England and Manchester.

They have raised the bar incredibly high in how professional football clubs should be run.

Thank you. I’m not sure about lauded given one or two of the issues associated with our owners outside of football, albeit that they’ve done a great job for Manchester City, and I’m forever on the fence about whether butting heads with the media is a good idea. Sometimes I think that, thus far, we have only really been attributed a fixed role - cast as some sort of gauche arriviste or pantomime vulgarian - as a convenient, click harvesting, means of measuring the perceived (although not by me I hasten to add!) class and quiet dignity of the old guard, and that it’s perhaps better to just let that narrative wash over us than get into a fight……the alternative being the kind of situation Prince Harry now finds himself in (albeit that he hasn’t exactly helped himself), whereby the media has now demonised him to such an extent - over the course of the last 4 years the Mail has run on average half a dozen, slanted, poison pen pieces on him per day, which overall is somewhere in the region of 6000 such articles, a genuinely incredible number - that we’re nearing the point at which it will become impossible for him to return to this country, for fear of some idiot trying to do him serious harm.
Like, I suspect, most City fans, I don’t necessarily want the kind of fawning the rags and Liverpool have visited upon them, just something more balanced than we get now. I certainly don’t, for example, resent the media’s coverage of this current matter, or at least the substance of it, if not the tone. If it were Liverpool who’d been caught with what are, whether we like it or not, highly suggestive emails, I would expect, and want, the press to shine their torches into every corner. What irks is their deliberate unwillingness to consider any possibility or explanation that might point to our innocence, and of course we may not be (innocent), but when you’re running polls asking what punishment should Manchester City face when the hearing hasn’t even taken place, it’s no wonder that for many Blues this often feels like a witch hunt and makes us want to get stuck right into the feckers!

Last edited:
If it’s just him being a **** then professional help is a waste of time. As we both know there is no cure for being a ****…
Not true, it's amazing what they can do with surgery nowadays. I think they turn it inside out, although that would make him a prick I suppose.

Regarding the noncooperation charges I think you're making me more confident on those.

Has the Chelsea idiot been bounced btw? I've only just put him on ignore :)

Not true, it's amazing what they can do with surgery nowadays. I think they turn it inside out, although that would make him a prick I suppose.

Regarding the noncooperation charges I think you're making me more confident on those.

Has the Chelsea idiot been bounced btw? I've only just put him on ignore :)

Flounced, not bounced!

Thank you. I’m not sure about lauded given one or two of the issues associated with our owners outside of football, albeit that they’ve done a great job for Manchester City, and I’m forever on the fence about whether butting heads with the media is a good idea. Sometimes I think that, thus far, we have only really been attributed a fixed role - cast as some sort of gauche arriviste or pantomime vulgarian - as a convenient, click harvesting, means of measuring the perceived (although not by me I hasten to add!) class and quiet dignity of the old guard, and that it’s perhaps better to just let that narrative wash over us than get into a fight……the alternative being the kind of situation Prince Harry now finds himself in (albeit that he hasn’t exactly helped himself), whereby the media has now demonised him to such an extent - over the course of the last 4 years the Mail has run on average half a dozen, slanted, poison pen pieces on him per day, which overall is somewhere in the region of 6000 such articles, a genuinely incredible number - that we’re nearing the point at which it will become impossible for him to return to this country, for fear of some idiot trying to do him serious harm.
Like, I suspect, most City fans, I don’t necessarily want the kind of fawning the rags and Liverpool have visited upon them, just something more balanced than we get now. I certainly don’t, for example, resent the media’s coverage of this current matter, or at least the substance of it, if not the tone. If it were Liverpool who’d been caught with what are, whether we like it or not, highly suggestive emails, I would expect, and want, the press to shine their torches into every corner. What irks is their deliberate unwillingness to consider any possibility or explanation that might point to our innocence, and of course we may not be (innocent), but when you’re running polls asking what punishment should Manchester City face when the hearing hasn’t even taken place, it’s no wonder that for many Blues this often feels like a witch hunt and makes us want to get stuck right into the feckers!

Have we not been at a similar point to Harry being in danger for e.g.

Sterling booed at every ground, attacked in road rage incident & racially abused at Chelsea.

Foden & his family attached at the boxing.

Coach & fans attacked outside Anfield

Pint pot filled with coins launched at fans.

The list could go on but there is an element of those vilified by the media have been attacked & it’s considered justified.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.