PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

With an 80000 capacity stadium, smaller concerts could be in Coop Live, with the larger ones being held in the stadium.

It still rankles me that a political decision in favour of London over Manchester technically still affects us.

Imagine if we had an extra 20000 capacity, with those tickets being affordable & aimed at the low waged & young? This would have a huge effect on our gate receipts revenue in respect to FFP, with even more revenue being brought in from the resultant hospitality.

I recall a discussion about this on BM, with one poster saying Westminster's decision permanently limited us to a 62000 maximum capacity because of the redesign, but another poster claimed all the additional pilings & infrastructure were built anyway, meaning we could in fact add the additional seats (taking the capacity to 80000), with the retractable roof at a later date.

I can't remember what the end conclusion was, or even if there was one. Perhaps someone could chip in to confirm either way? )(
It would of been ace to have an 80k and to cover all price points for all fans mate . event revenue would of been sizeable too! Not sure if oakview would have been as interested in building the co op arena though.

When anyone asks me about the 115 breaches my first response is to ask them this question.

If the investigation comes back and clears City of all breaches, would you accept the decision as fact or would you feel we "got off with it"?

If the answer is that "we got off with it" then there is no point even debating the subject.

You are hitting the nail on the head regards public services like water and the utility companies. At the moment there is a campaign started a couple of years ago in Windermere and surrounding lakes about the obscene amount of sewage going into Englands largest lake. Over the last couple of years there has been an explosion of green algae in Lake Windermere making it unsafe to swim in, all fish below the discharge pipes are dead or have nothing to feed on as the amount of untreated sewage kills everything they feed on, making the stream or waterway unable to sustain life. At the moment the regulator is turning a blind eye to this pollution in one of Englands crown jewels. Hopefully this campaign group can turn Windermere into something like Lake Annecy, France which was like Windermere is now 20 years ago, but is now one of the cleanest lakes in Europe. The regulator here is considered, by their lack of involvement and testing, which is their job, to be a major part of the problem and as you say "part of the asylum". I agree wholeheartedly with your comment the PL can't regulate themselves but I am wary that a government appointed regulator will be a fair and honest regulator, as my opinion is the water regulator seems to let the utility companies regulate and test their own sewage discharges. I am afraid that the regulator will let the usual culprits run the show. Sorry if the Windermere reference was a little off topic for this thread;-)
No worries. Up there tomorrow, myself.

But is there any reputational damage ?

Worldwide City are growing fast City dont seem to have trouble attracting sponsors. Only the other month Kellogg's came on board. All our sponsors are big worldwide companies. The sponsors dont seem worried about the 115 and nor do City

I think people forget that the press/media in the uk are a very very small cog in a huge wheel. City are working the world stage not little old England and its toxic press/media.

Our press/media still think they are big players with lots of clout they arent. They are little sprats in a little rock pool and City are the big fish in the big sea lol.

All this is going on as the pl eats itself, trying to protect the red's tops +1, wanting to screw of the other clubs plus the football pyramid.
Are press/media should be fighting to save our game instead they are in bed with the American clubs.

I think that's a fair point about our worldwide growth, however I would make the point that these days the media isn't necessarily location specific and the nonsense spouted by UK journalists has a larger platform than ever before. The charges and continued speculation has worldwide interest, particularly given our status as World and European Champions (aka the best team in the land and all the world!).

But is there any reputational damage ?

Worldwide City are growing fast City dont seem to have trouble attracting sponsors. Only the other month Kellogg's came on board. All our sponsors are big worldwide companies. The sponsors dont seem worried about the 115 and nor do City

I think people forget that the press/media in the uk are a very very small cog in a huge wheel. City are working the world stage not little old England and its toxic press/media.

Our press/media still think they are big players with lots of clout they arent. They are little sprats in a little rock pool and City are the big fish in the big sea lol.

All this is going on as the pl eats itself, trying to protect the red's tops +1, wanting to screw of the other clubs plus the football pyramid.
Are press/media should be fighting to save our game instead they are in bed with the American clubs.
I think these charges are affecting our UK growth and that matters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.