PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Spoke to a private practice solicitor recently who was responsible for helping draft some legislation a few years back, who told me the Parliamentary draftsmen are top class lawyers. Only seriousl smart graduates need apply. They have to be in the job for at least five years before they get directly involved in drafting legislation.

It’s a huge deal when you think about it!

That's what has always amused me about the narrative of City's 'expensive lawyers' somehow making it an unfair battle. It's not like the Premier League have got a bunch of Newly Qualified lawyers working on it. That organisation is hardly short of a few quid either!

@projectriver doesn't seem to be going overboard with the Etihad story. He has said it's a subtle sign but I suspect that it's not a silver bullet to make it all go away.
Of course it isn't going to make it all go away. What it would do is show to the world there's been no skulduggery between us and Etihad. Irrefutable evidence that can be scrutinised by everyone before and after the IC.

@projectriver doesn't seem to be going overboard with the Etihad story. He has said it's a subtle sign but I suspect that it's not a silver bullet to make it all go away.

I don't think anyone said it will make the case go away, but it's more noise that the owners (and the sponsors) aren't at all worried by any of this, along with their initial statement and the investment in the North Stand, for example.

It's also interesting how Mullock picked up on this at all.

Edit: Also, this isn't a subtle sign. It's two big fuck off fingers pointed at anyone believing the PL's bullshit.

That's what has always amused me about the narrative of City's 'expensive lawyers' somehow making it an unfair battle. It's not like the Premier League have got a bunch of Newly Qualified lawyers working on it. That organisation is hardly short of a few quid either!
I think the PL lawyers will be both highly competent and tearing their fucking hair out with the material they’ve got to work with!

I don't think anyone said it will make the case go away, but it's more noise that the owners (and the sponsors) aren't at all worried by any of this, along with their initial statement and the investment in the North Stand, for example.

It's also interesting how Mullock picked up on this at all.

Edit: Also, this isn't a subtle sign. It's two big fuck off fingers pointed at anyone believing the PL's bullshit.
I read the Mullock article in a negative light. It gave an air of 'getting off' to it, to me. Where as the Express (god forgive me) article gave an impression of being more factual without the spin.

Of course it isn't going to make it all go away. What it would do is show to the world there's been no skulduggery between us and Etihad. Irrefutable evidence that can be scrutinised by everyone before and after the IC.
Agreed.

Like the 300 mill investment it shows the confidence of the club in being cleared.

My post was aimed at the giddy element on here :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.