PL clubs unanimously agree to introduction of Semi-Automated Offside Technology

‘It will provide quicker placement of the virtual offside line and high-quality graphics to ensure an enhanced broadcast and stadium experience*’

* except at Klanfield and the scaffold, due to the PL allowing them to not be punished for lack of big screens
Should have been made to put a screen in when the stand was expanded instead of cramming as many fools as possible

Except that no-one really knows how it works. Yes, I have read all the blurb, but what does the system do with the information from the 29 data points? I have doubts it is as accurate as they say it is when it is deciding offside to the mm. Interesting that FIFA, in answer to the question "is the new system accurate?", just say it's currently the most accurate system available.

But yes, at least it should be consistent so I guess that's an improvement on drawing lines manually.
the thing it taaught me when I have seen it used is that everyoone was ok with the decision. No people were involved in the decision making, so everyone accepts it.

Its going to work or I will eat my hat (Again :)

the thing it taaught me when I have seen it used is that everyoone was ok with the decision. No people were involved in the decision making, so everyone accepts it.

Yes. I suppose it's a human characteristic to question a manual process you can see unfolding before your eyes, but blindly accept an automated process with a nice graphic presented as a fait accompli even if you have no idea how it is generated.

That must make me inhuman then :) Because I would like to know more.

Anyway, if it's consistent it's a plus even if I don't like the principle.

Should have been made to put a screen in when the stand was expanded instead of cramming as many fools as possible

Why do you think they should be forced to have big screens?

What exactly gets shown on City and others big screens that you think they should be forced to watch?

Why do you think they should be forced to have big screens?

What exactly gets shown on City and others big screens that you think they should be forced to watch?
Simply for parity. It smacks of favouritism that the rags and dips don't have them. Yet Luton were forced to do it or face refusal for promotion and they had a proper case not being able to.

Both claimed they couldn't fit the boards. Yet the scousers just built a new stand than could accommodate one.

Luton were forced to have a screen put in , why not rags and dippers ? It is part of the var system , end of

I was unaware of that. I don’t doubt you, but do you have a link to that ruling?

I was under the impression it was optional.

I dont have a link but google it , the promoted teams had to bring their ground up to prem level including var system

I searched ages ago when people were constantly claiming it was a Premier League rule that teams must have a screen. And could find nothing to back that up.

Having a caption on a screen saying “VAR check in progress” is hardly bringing much to the party. The fact play isn’t restarting and the referee is stood there with his finger in his ear, makes that pretty obvious. Plus the PA announces it anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.