PL clubs unanimously agree to introduction of Semi-Automated Offside Technology

Not sure if it's been mentioned but ref and VAR will still make decision as to whether a player in an offside position is interfering and also whether a ball played to an attacker from a defender is intentional or a deflection.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but ref and VAR will still make decision as to whether a player in an offside position is interfering and also whether a ball played to an attacker from a defender is intentional or a deflection.
They were never giving up the control they have to allow things like the disgraceful rashford incidence , still stinks

People praising this need a good dose of cynicism.

VAR 2.0 and it’ll be just as if not even more of a stitch up.

My issues with the way offside is going aside, you have to wonder, after the fuck ups with the implementation of VAR and the consequences of their FFP bungling, exactly how they are going to screw this up ......

This is about time. Its a solution that everyone likes because it is automated. No bias (Unless written into the code itself) and EVERYONE accepts the decision.

Except that no-one really knows how it works. Yes, I have read all the blurb, but what does the system do with the information from the 29 data points? I have doubts it is as accurate as they say it is when it is deciding offside to the mm. Interesting that FIFA, in answer to the question "is the new system accurate?", just say it's currently the most accurate system available.

But yes, at least it should be consistent so I guess that's an improvement on drawing lines manually.

Except that no-one really knows how it works. Yes, I have read all the blurb, but what does the system do with the information from the 29 data points? I have doubts it is as accurate as they say it is when it is deciding offside to the mm. Interesting that FIFA, in answer to the question "is the new system accurate?", just say it's currently the most accurate system available.

The Stickmen (29 data points) are shown in this clip...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.