PL games to be shown on pay-per-view for £15 - plan scrapped

The next batch of fixtures will have the likes Burnley v Fulham etc on the regular Sky I have now, but the likes of City v Liverpool and other big games will be PPV. Like Sky Cinema, have the rubbish on repeat all day with the decent films behind a pay wall.
People keep posting this, but there's no way it's going to happen (at least for the duration of the current TV deal).

Sky and BT have paid billions of pounds to have first pick on the fixtures they show. They need to recoup that money through advertising and subscriptions. They're not suddenly going to start choosing Burnely vs West Brom just to let the Premier League take in all the money from City vs Liverpool.

Edit: Apologies. Seems I've completely misunderstood it and the PL have farmed these PPV games out to Sky and BT. Clearly ripe for them to exploit this for their own gain. I'd be interested to know how the revenues from these extra PPV games are going to be split.

Last edited:
As dubblue said, the next fixtures will tell us all we need to know. Either Burnley or West Brom fans will be shafted all season, as they will be the Guinea pigs.
Or us, United, Scouse, Arse etc will be behind a paywall, as Sky/BT go for the throat.
This is clearly confusing me. Who is actually showing these additional PPV games and who takes the revenue? Is it Sky/BT or the Premier League themselves?

Does admittedly seem wide open to abuse/manipulation if it's Sky and BT that are broadcasting the PPV games.

The next batch of fixtures will have the likes Burnley v Fulham etc on the regular Sky I have now, but the likes of City v Liverpool and other big games will be PPV. Like Sky Cinema, have the rubbish on repeat all day with the decent films behind a pay wall.

That would make sense for sky/BT as the rags, scouse etc will get all the armchair gimps paying the extra for the percieved big teams.

Put us, them two and the likes of arse/spurs on normal subscription games and a lot of PPV revenue will be lost

I certainly won't be paying to watch us.

The PPV games with be the old Sky4 plus us.

Huge amounts of viewers = revenues.

Has there been issues with iptv streams lately
"My mate" said he struggled with the last round of fixtures

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.