PL now being sued by PFA?

This 'anchoring' is the biggest fucking nonsense I've ever heard. Why should us, Liverpool or united be restricted to spending five times what Ipswich can spend? How does that help Ipswich, or other clubs with low revenues? And how does it help the PL as a spectacle? It's completely barmy.

Effectively it's a disguised salary cap, which are apparently illegal under European law.
That's why the PFA are challenging it.
I think the idea was supposed to be that the biggest clubs are pulling away financially from the rest, so this was intended to stop them getting further away. As with most things the PL do though, they've not thought it through properly or consulted with stakeholders (players in this case) about the implications

This 'anchoring' is the biggest fucking nonsense I've ever heard. Why should us, Liverpool or united be restricted to spending five times what Ipswich can spend? How does that help Ipswich, or other clubs with low revenues? And how does it help the PL as a spectacle? It's completely barmy.

Effectively it's a disguised salary cap, which are apparently illegal under European law.
Masters is deranged. He has declared war on the clubs which invest the most and now the players. How will English clubs compete with teams like Barca and Real Madrid in Europe?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.