Places in Spain to watch City

Barcon

I will be in Valencia for the Fulham and Brum game, and Barcelona for the Everton and Bayern match. Does anyone know of any pups that might be showing the games in either place? Cheers.

not sure about Valencia but if you get your arse down the Ramblas,roughly half way,there's a Irish/sports bar that shows loads of English matches,last time i was in Barcelona they had a blackboard outside advertising what games were being shown,Bury vs Shrewsbury on a friday night it was on that occasion

unsworthblue said:
not sure about Valencia but if you get your arse down the Ramblas,roughly half way,there's a Irish/sports bar that shows loads of English matches,last time i was in Barcelona they had a blackboard outside advertising what games were being shown,Bury vs Shrewsbury on a friday night it was on that occasion

Cheers, I'll be staying around there anyway. A bloke at work said there was an Irish bar across from the cathedral (wherever that is).

Barcon said:
unsworthblue said:

Cheers, I'll be staying around there anyway. A bloke at work said there was an Irish bar across from the cathedral (wherever that is).
as much as i despise Irish bars they are always good for watching the match and crack,apparantely

I think you're going to be struggling in Valencia because of the United v Chelsea game. There are two main Irish bars, Finnegans in Plaza de Reina and another one called St Pats but I'm not sure if either will have it on. They do have a few different screens though you might be in luck.

The other option is to go to a proper sports bar in Cabanyal which has 46 screens. It won't have commentary but they should have the match on (not guaranteed though). Cabanyal is about €6 in a taxi from the centre of Valencia.

jay_mcfc said:
I think you're going to be struggling in Valencia because of the United v Chelsea game. There are two main Irish bars, Finnegans in Plaza de Reina and another one called St Pats but I'm not sure if either will have it on. They do have a few different screens though you might be in luck.

The other option is to go to a proper sports bar in Cabanyal which has 46 screens. It won't have commentary but they should have the match on (not guaranteed though). Cabanyal is about €6 in a taxi from the centre of Valencia.

Thanks pal, I'll write those names down. I'm hoping to catch Valencia v Barca whilst I'm there as well. Cabanyal sounds doable, is it a short drive?

I concur, in Barcelona on the Ramblas, heading toward the harbour, about halfway down on the left is a big irish pub that will have it on, just past the KFC and McD's. In fact, there are plenty of places in and around the ramblas that will have the game on. Also, there are a couple of bars/pubs on the port olypmic that will also probably have them on...

phuzion said:
I concur, in Barcelona on the Ramblas, heading toward the harbour, about halfway down on the left is a big irish pub that will have it on, just past the KFC and McD's. In fact, there are plenty of places in and around the ramblas that will have the game on. Also, there are a couple of bars/pubs on the port olypmic that will also probably have them on...
yeah thats the one i meant,near the kfc,some nice little bars round the back streets just behind that Irish bar as well

Lots of goog tips here lads, much appreciated. This will be my first time in Spain and if it was up to me, I would be going a little later in the year (Villareal game), so the least she can do is sit through a few games in the pub.

Barcon said:
Lots of goog tips here lads, much appreciated. This will be my first time in Spain and if it was up to me, I would be going a little later in the year (Villareal game), so the least she can do is sit through a few games in the pub.
you will have a great time in both places,everyone goes on about how great Barcelona is but i think Valencia is the nicer of the 2 places

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.