Plane Crash In USA

marco said:
landing on water is a very hard thing to do,if you look at a lot of new aircraft you will notice the engine's hang lower than normal,trouble is if you land on water like this and you are to fast and not enough pitch the lowerd engine's act as scoops and scoop up the water this brings the rear end up and will rip the wings off.this airbus had the lower engine's so 10/10 for the pilot

erm..................... not quite marco.

While your idea is true the pitch attitude required for the nacelle lip to dig in in much lower than that required for level flight so unless you hit the water with a nose down attitude you will touch down on the bottom of the nacelles.

drsqueggy said:
January 7, 2009 at 18:03 U.S. Central Time

Warning issued to airlines flying Airbuses

An emergency safety directive has been issued to airlines using twin-engine Airbus A320s after both engines on one stalled over the Mediterranean, just 18 days after an Air New Zealand A320 crashed killing all seven on board.

However, an Air New Zealand spokesman said its A320s, including the one that crashed, are equipped with rival International Aero Engine V2500s plant.

The directive from European and United States aviation authorities, comes as mystery continues as to the cause of the Air New Zealand crash off the coast of southern France.

Five New Zealanders and two Germans died in the November 28 crash during a test flight.

On December 14, an Air France Airbus A321 a stretched version of the A320 suffered a double engine stall as it climbed out of Tunisia, bound for Paris.

Passengers heard loud bangs from both of its CFM International 56 engines and the stalling occurred as pilots eased back on power.

The engines are designed to not close down on stalling and power was quickly resumed. The aircraft made a safe emergency landing.

The safety directive calls for airlines with about 1500 Airbuses to urgently check and repair high-pressure compressor fans on CFM 56s on A318s, A319s, A320s and A321s.

European authorities said that since April last year, six different engines used by three operators had stalled. These were followed by the Air France incident.

American authorities warned such stalling problems "could prevent continued safe flight or landing".

Meanwhile, on January 13 the French crash authority, the Bureau d'Enquetes et d'Analyses (BEA), will hold a Paris meeting in a bid to move the Air New Zealand investigation forward.

Aviation sources say it is coming under pressure to come up with an explanation as the A320 is a European and North American commuter workhorse. Concern was already mounting following an October incident with a Qantas Airbus A330 that lost altitude after going into a dive, injuring 40.

A safety directive on software was issued for A320s last month.

The Air New Zealand plane plunged into the sea without issuing a distress call. Six of the seven bodies have been recovered but are still undergoing dna testing for identification.

The plane that crashed in NY today had CFM56 engines .......

Do you chase ambulances as well??

I am joking. I'm always interested in plane crashes too, fascinating.

Haha, I'm really interested in avation safety. Always keep an eye out on airdisaster.com for investigation reports and crash photos and things, bit sad really :)

drsqueggy said:
Haha, I'm really interested in avation safety. Always keep an eye out on airdisaster.com for investigation reports and crash photos and things, bit sad really :)

And do not forget all those programs on the discovery-type channels...

My ex managed to write-off a Cessna on take off. Stupid pillock failed to negotiate a bloody hedge!

100_0656.310155517_std.jpg

This is the Captain.

Televators said:
drsqueggy said:

And do not forget all those programs on the discovery-type channels...

My ex managed to write-off a Cessna on take off. Stupid pillock failed to negotiate a bloody hedge!

Air crash investigation, think its on national geographic, great program! Some of the family interviews can be a bit morbid at times though.

Nothing but praise for the pilot from myself, both engines out at 3200ft having to loop to avoid the city, and then once ditched made sure TWICE that everyone was off the plane.
If he's ever in Manchester I'd sure buy him a pint.
Ive been in the cockpit of a A320 myself and its hard to appreciate just how much hard work and training the guys at the front do to ensure the safety of the passengers. The A320 is most likely a write-off with the left-engine cowling being ripped off on impact, but at least 148-odd people have escaped death today thanks to the Pilots at the front.

A truly remarkable ending!! The fact they all survived is deffo down to the pilots but how about giving a shout out to the cabin staff as well. I am sure they acted cooly and professionally and provided leadership when the pilots were way too busy. If the cabin staff had panicked or generally fucked up, things would not have ended as happily!!

Frank the Yank said:
A truly remarkable ending!! The fact they all survived is deffo down to the pilots but how about giving a shout out to the cabin staff as well. I am sure they acted cooly and professionally and provided leadership when the pilots were way too busy. If the cabin staff had panicked or generally fucked up, things would not have ended as happily!!
Yeah, they'd have been screwed without those little bags of dry roasted nuts........

incredible - was said on the news this morning that the pilot walked the length of the plane twice to make sure that there was nobody left onboard.

good work that man

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.