Plastic Pollution and Global Warming

Manchester33

I've started becoming a bit obsessed with both the level of 'single use plastics' I'm using as well as my carbon footprint. I'm really concerned about the state our planet is in and feel we all owe it to ourselves and future generations to act sensibly now. I thought it would be good to start a thread where people can offer suggestions on how you're reducing your impact.

So far, I've been:

- using refillable bottles/flasks
- buying loose fruit and veg
- introducing more vegan meals into my diet/replacing red meat with white where possible
- eating less fish
- non-plastic straws
- non-plastic toothbrush heads
- cycling, walking and car-sharing more journeys
- Re-usable plastic 'spray' bottles for cleaning liquids
- switched energy provider to supplier who supply 100% renewable, green energy

I used to have a bin full of plastic every fortnight. Now I rarely have any plastic to throw each week. Have you got any other suggestions?

I mainly buy drinks in glass bottles or recyclables tins.
Switched to bulb as energy suplier( was also cheaper)
Use public transport or walk.

Fucked if I am going vegan, but I have haven't had bacon for 2 months now and cut down on lamb and beef. Eat a lot of chicken and veg tbf

Good going mate. I'm on the same trajectory too. Looking to cut as much plastic out as possible and starting to look at less meat and meat replacements.

Good going mate. I'm on the same trajectory too. Looking to cut as much plastic out as possible and starting to look at less meat and meat replacements.
I've been looking into meat replacements quite a bit and been really impressed with Quorn. Always just laughed it off as being a load of nonsense, but the food is actually pretty nice, better for me and better for the environment.

I imagine in 20/30 years time the vast majority of 'meat' will be produced in a similar fashion to how Quorn process food now.

The most stupid advert I have seen in a long time was pushing refillable kitchen cleaner spray bottles that you refill with liquid that you buy in a ...

Plastic sachet.

I still eat red meat but I don’t buy it in the grocery store. I either buy a whole or partial animal from a local farm or I go shoot it. Probably not very green but makes me feel better about it.
Bottled water is the anti christ

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.