Platini (Merged)

Re: Talk Sport saying Michel Plattini has had a heart attack

80s Shorts said:
Pam said:
Nobody knows the specifics yet.

Hes fainted for fucks sake. Typical Talk Shite. Shame on you Pam, you should work for the sun ;-)

Errr, it wasn't me that reported the story, was it now? Every news outlet carried variations of it and there were two other threads going on here at one stage, so unless you are in jest and it's gone straight over my head, that was a bit of a stupid post on your part.

Re: Talk Sport saying Michel Plattini has had a heart attack

80s Shorts said:
Pam said:
Nobody knows the specifics yet.

Hes fainted for fucks sake. Typical Talk Shite. Shame on you Pam, you should work for the sun ;-)

Give it a rest eh?

The links clearly stated a suspected heart attack.

We don't like him BUT come to wish or be delight someone dies is a disgrace and should be ashamed of youeselves. It will be his family that suffers and I know that all of you will have lost someone that you cared about.

I hope he get well soon, even though it does sound like just integestion.

stumpy_mcfc said:
We don't like him BUT come to wish or be delight someone dies is a disgrace and should be ashamed of youeselves. It will be his family that suffers and I know that all of you will have lost someone that you cared about.

What a load of bollocks.!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the same twat who has tried his utmost to get rid of us and still allow other bastards who are deep in financial shit to carry on,with CL membership !
Live by the sword and die by the sword !!!!!
Sorry but I for one show nothing but hatred for the self proclaimed English hater !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stumpy_mcfc said:

My understanding is he "fainted" and there's fook all wrong with him. Hence the piss take. Obviously if he's had a heart attack, I wish him well!

Although this report in the Guardian suggests he's a French drama Queen:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/09/michel-platini-collapses-suspected-heart-attack" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... art-attack</a>

Michel Platini has been taken to hospital but Uefa officials have ruled out a suspected heart attack. Photograph: Christophe Simon/AFP/Getty Images

Michel Platini has been taken to hospital in Johannesburg after collapsing in a restaurant this evening. It had initially been feared that the Uefa president had suffered a heart attack. However, Uefa sources said he had fainted, having been suffering from flu for the past few days, and was in no danger.

Platini was dining at La Pagalle restaurant in Sandton when he keeled over at the table, knocking over a chair. He was understood to be conscious but was kept in the Morningside Medi-Clinic, a private hospital, overnight for observation.

The 55-year-old fell to the floor at around 8.15pm UK time leaving his dining companions, who included the former Liverpool manager Gérard Houllier and former Scotland coach Andy Roxburgh, calling for the emergency services.

Platini, the former France and Juventus midfielder, is a heavy smoker but had appeared in good health. He was taken to hospital accompanied by Houllier and the long-standing Fifa media officer, Alain Leblang, and was later visited by the Fifa president, Sepp Blatter. Houllier suffered a heart problem in 2001, which kept him out of the game for six months.

The Uefa official William Gaillard said: "He is fine. He had been suffering from a cold and a bit of flu and he fainted before eating in a restaurant. He is still in hospital now undergoing tests but he is conscious and is fine. It is not true that he has had a heart attack."

Gaillard admitted he had not spoken directly to Platini but had received the information from a Uefa colleague, who had accompanied the Frenchman to the restaurant. He added that the test results had shown up nothing serious.

"I talked to his assistant who was with him and it seems [he was] just fainting because he has a cold and a fever," he said. "All the preliminary exams are negative. He's conscious, he's fine. They may carry out more tests because, when a well-known person faints, they normally do that but I've been told not to worry. It's nothing serious."

On reports that Platini had suffered a heart attack, Gaillard added: "When people faint, people imagine the worst. That's a normal human reaction. I talked to someone who told me not to worry. Nothing serious. These things happen.

"It's cold there. A lot of people have a cold, the flu, they have a fever. That could explain it."

Gaillard said he did not know whether Platini would be kept in hospital longer than overnight.

According to witnesses, Houllier in particular appeared concerned as paramedics attended to Platini, having suffered a heart problem himself earlier in his career.

In October 2001, after falling ill at half-time in Liverpool's Premier League match with Leeds United, the Frenchman was taken to hospital for an emergency operation when he suffered a dissected aorta. The condition kept him out of the game for six months.

Who eats in the finest restaurants:

The 160 seater, Pigalle-Sandton located in the new Michelangelo Towers, surpasses all possible expectations; an exquisite ode to Baroque - the venue drips style and decadence. A dedication to creating only the best has seen the brothers importing the finest Italian marble, hanging gorgeous oil paintings and incorporating an unbelievably rich palette of chocolate browns and opulent golds.

Located in the newly constructed and highly impressive Michelangelo Towers at Nelson Mandela Square, Pigalle-Sandton is going to be swinging open their doors soon and the stream of Jozi socialites is set to be swift and steady. Pigalle-Sandton is the place, the benchmark in urban chic dining. The beautiful people will be swarming to the elegant establishment to wine and dine like Kings and Queens.

The lavish decor is matched by the succulent menu; appetisers of escargot and smoked salmon start the culinary extravaganza with main dishes ranging from grilled ostrich fillet in red wine to lobster thermidor, a dinner can be smoothly rounded off with dessert such as a melt-in-your-mouth creme brulee or a rich chocolate mousse. A lazy after dinner coffee is transformed into yet another unique experience with speciality varieties like the Royal or Jamaican coffees on offer.

Pigalle-Sandton has creatively pulled together elements of luxury and fine dining and has finished off with true Baroque attitude and urban style � the result is another distinct Pigalle personality.

The Pigalle concept has been what can only be called a raging success and has risen to become one of the recognised leaders in creative fine dining. The original Pigalle Greenpoint, the recently opened Pigalle Bedfordview and now the Pigalle Sandton are individual with a common theme of the exquisite whilst each has a definite character and decor to thrill and amaze.

Naldo and Victor Goncalves have leading status for outstanding cuisine but their recipe for success is undoubtedly their exceptional ability to create an overall unique and truly unforgettable dining experience. Pigalle-Sandton has the enviable team of the Goncalves brothers, their new partner Charly Da Mota and managing partner Johnny Miranda behind the scenes making sure that the uber-chic new restaurant keeps people coming back for more.

oakiecokie said:
stumpy_mcfc said:

What a load of bollocks.!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the same twat who has tried his utmost to get rid of us and still allow other bastards who are deep in financial shit to carry on,with CL membership !
Live by the sword and die by the sword !!!!!
Sorry but I for one show nothing but hatred for the self proclaimed English hater !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A little too harsh, no?

I wish him well. Something I wouldn't wish on my enemies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.