Player Contracts

GX Blue

With old Yaya leaving us, I thought i'd have a look at players contracts ending.
Usually new deals are offered when they have 2 or 3 years left. Looking at these end dates our team will be looking a lot different in 2 years.

Silva, Kompany, Dinho and Kun will all be leaving in a year or 2.

The Sterling one is a bit of a concern. 2 years to go. He will be surely signing a new one this summer? If not looks like he will just see out his deal and move on, which is fair enough. Not sure if we will offer Gundogan a new deal?

Yaya Toure - Leave on free

Vinny Kompany - No deal likely - Maybe 1 year deal
Brahim Diaz - New deal - Leave on Free
Joe Hart - Sold

Raheem Sterling - New deal
Kun Aguero - Leave on free
David Silva - Leave on free
Ilkay Gundogan - Not sure - Either sold or new deal
Fernandinho - Leave on free
Fabian Delph - Prob sold
Claudio Bravo - Sold
Phil Foden - New deal

Last edited:
With old Yaya leaving us, I thought i'd have a look at players contracts ending.
Usually new deals are offered when they have 2 or 3 years left. Looking at these end dates our team will be looking a lot different in 2 years.

The Sterling one is a bit of a concern. 2 years to go. He will be surely signing a new one this summer? If not looks like he will just see out his deal and move on, which is fair enough. Not sure if we will offer Gundogan a new deal?

Fabian Delph - Prob sold
Claudio Bravo - Sold
Phil Foden - New deal

Bravo will be gone in the summer i think

I think Kompany, Silva and Fernandinho will be offered 1 year deals if they play a reasonalbe amount of games in the final year of their contract.

We need more players like Delph so hope he stays. Cheap in wages, does a decent job when they play and doesn't moan when they don't play. Utd success was built on having 4-5 of these type of players under Fergie. Brown, O'shea, P Neville etc.

Fabian Delph - Prob sold
Claudio Bravo - Sold
Phil Foden - New deal

Bravo this year
Mangala free
Aguero next season
Vinny next season
Delph next season

Zinchenko Loan this year
Foden new deal & loan to prem team Wolves?
Diaz new deal & loan Girona

Before anyone jumps down my throat both Foden & Diaz need lots of minutes no point being on our bench that's if they get the chance with the squad Pep will have at his disposal.

I also think Wolves will do ok next season, nice ground with sell out crowds played nice football this season & money to spend.

Still not sure if Danilo will stay either it's make or break for Maffeo or 1 has to be sold.

Not a gambling man but I think Bravo & Danilo will go.

Bravo this year
Mangala free
Aguero next season
Vinny next season
Delph next season

Zinchenko Loan this year
Foden new deal & loan to prem team Wolves?
Diaz new deal & loan Girona

Before anyone jumps down my throat both Foden & Diaz need lots of minutes no point being on our bench that's if they get the chance with the squad Pep will have at his disposal.

I also think Wolves will do ok next season, nice ground with sell out crowds played nice football this season & money to spend.

Still not sure if Danilo will stay either it's make or break for Maffeo or 1 has to be sold.

Not a gambling man but I think Bravo & Danilo will go.

I think it is Diaz who has the answer to packed defences. He can beat two players inside a couple of yards, get in behind the front row of five and panic sets in the next row! At the moment we swing the ball across from one wing to another, often getting nowhere. Diaz will run at defenders, beat them, and cause all kinds of mayhem. This football managing thinggy is a bit of a lark, really!

Bravo's a poor keeper but even if we had Ederson last season, I don't think we would have won anything because our finishing was so poor. So given the role he's played this season in us winning the league cup, in a weird way he's turned out to be not a bad buy because he's such a good penalty saver therefore for the cup, he has his uses.

Also, keep Kompany on a pay-as-you-play if possible and review the situation with David Silva but he can play for a long time yet imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.