Player development - one of Mancini's huge strengths

J-Bay Blue

RM has come in for a lot of criticism from the media, pundits and on this forum for his alleged "negative tactics", boring play, "typical Italian" conservatism etc, although few of these critics acknowledge how he has transformed a wobbly and leaky defence into one of the most solid in Europe, coupled to a rock solid midfield.

However,

What seems to have been missied - I have seen few comments or analyses - is how he has developed some of our players, or if you want to put it another way, how players have flourished under RM and the support team's guidance.
(Including Brian Kidd).

Micah Richards - from reserve squad player to playing the best he ever has - even better than when he first burst onto the scene.

Mario Ballotelli - absolutely unrecognisable in the last 3 games from the "blows hot and cold" player of 3 months ago. Did you see his DEFENSIVE work yesterday, never mind what he did up front?

Carlos Tevez - from a bench warmer / super sub from a team from the borough of Trafford whose name escapes me, who "is not a prolific goalscorer - will only give your 5 or 6 goals a season" to one of the top strikers in Europe.

Joe Hart - from Shay Given's understudy to probably the best goalkeeper in the Premiership.

Yaya Toure - from FC Barcelona's bench to the best box to box midfielder in the Prem and one of the best in Europe.

Vincent Kompany and Nigel De Jong - from good players to great players.

Who is to say that he won't develop Dzeko, Kolarov, Milner, Johnson and Boateng as well.

Feel free to add your own contributions / nominees / analysis...............

Zab's improved from a utility bench warmer to a good RB and LB, he could have been on his way out but now he gives so much to the team, with his attitude and determination and now his skills on the pitch have improved no end.

Fantastic.

J-Bay Blue said:
RM has come in for a lot of criticism from the media, pundits and on this forum for his alleged "negative tactics", boring play, "typical Italian" conservatism etc, although few of these critics acknowledge how he has transformed a wobbly and leaky defence into one of the most solid in Europe, coupled to a rock solid midfield.

However,

What seems to have been missied - I have seen few comments or analyses - is how he has developed some of our players, or if you want to put it another way, how players have flourished under RM and the support team's guidance.
(Including Brian Kidd).

Micah Richards - from reserve squad player to playing the best he ever has - even better than when he first burst onto the scene.

Mario Ballotelli - absolutely unrecognisable in the last 3 games from the "blows hot and cold" player of 3 months ago. Did you see his DEFENSIVE work yesterday, never mind what he did up front?

Carlos Tevez - from a bench warmer / super sub from a team from the borough of Trafford whose name escapes me, who "is not a prolific goalscorer - will only give your 5 or 6 goals a season" to one of the top strikers in Europe.

Joe Hart - from Shay Given's understudy to probably the best goalkeeper in the Premiership.

Yaya Toure - from FC Barcelona's bench to the best box to box midfielder in the Prem and one of the best in Europe.

Vincent Kompany and Nigel De Jong - from good players to great players.

Who is to say that he won't develop Dzeko, Kolarov, Milner, Johnson and Boateng as well.

I second that. I would add to the list Joleon Lescott, who has performed superbly since Kolo's misadventure.

Milner judging by the Spurs game is on his way back, some players need time to settle even when they have played in the same league before.

I believe Milner has struggled from becoming a small cog in a big wheel rather than being the man at Villa, he looks like he will take Barry's place next season and we will see a different player.

Sorry for posting this on a thread that might not be relevant, but i can't create posts yet so did a search for Reserves..

Does anyone know what the parkings like at hyde ? is there space and is it charged ?

Cheers

brass neck said:
great post, the names mentioned are fair comment, however.....Milner, Barry, SWP, all got worse.......

I don't think Barry got worse, well my opinion ...

he's underrated.

Sorry for posting this on a thread that might not be relevant, but i can't create posts yet so did a search for Reserves..

Does anyone know what the parkings like at hyde ? is there space and is it charged ?

Cheers

Cheers

Tumbleweed.gif

brass neck said:
great post, the names mentioned are fair comment, however.....Milner, Barry, SWP, all got worse.......
Mancini is a big fan of Barry, he nearly always plays when fit. He has adapted him to the defence shielding role and he does it very well. Our unsung hero.

As Micah said in the Wembley program.... 'he doesn't get a lot of love for what he does, but he does a great job for the team...one of the first names on the team sheet'

Most noticeble for me is the improvement of Micah, Zabba and to a lesser degree Lescott.
With Micah and Zabba imo it was just a matter of focussing on their concentration and decision making, Joleon mainly his confidence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.