Player Of The Season

1. Yaya & Silva - Silva till mid season and Yaya the second half
2. Aguero -First choice forward throughout the season
3. Lescott & Vinnie Best partnership in the league

They carried the team from start till the end. Only ones that Mancini didn't rotate. Enough said

4. Hart cant forget some saves he had

Maybe not player of the season , but can not fault Zabaleta . The guy always gives 100% .
But for me has to be Hart.

I could find legit reasons to give it to so many.

Silva won us so many points at teh start of the season.

Kompany the leader, been an absolute monster at the back.

The fullbacks, Zaba, Richards and Clichy so key to the way we play with the width they provide and excellent overlapping runs that are crucial to make the space for the through balls to be played.

Yaya for Being a man mountain at times dragging us through games and dominating entire midfields on his own.

Hart for some outstanding saves and providing so much confidence at the back

In the end though it comes down to consistency.
1. lescott - Outshined Kompany this season looked helpless at the back when he's been missing. Improved so much and has even justified his over-the-top price tag that wasn't his fault.

2. Barry. Does the dirty stuff, rarely gets praised from anybody outside of the club and one of those players you only tend to notice when he's not in the team. Doesn't get the praise he deserves for creating a good tempo with his crisp passing.

3. Aguero. When was the last time somebody new to the league scored as many as he has in his debut season? Astonishing how he's adapted to the league and blended into the team so easily. Scary to think he's going to get better next season.

Agree with others who are finding it challenging to find just one. I'll just pick one and go w/ it...

Clichy

First year on the City side and he's already made what was an extremely solid back four even more so. His runs up the flanks, overlapping runs, and ability to stay on the hip of speedy opposition has been immense. His passing has been fantastic as well.

I really wanted to see his strike in the 2nd half to find the back of the net tonight. Not only for obvious reasons but to see him and Vinny providing the scoring while giving another incredible defensive performance would have been great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.