Player Power at Manchester City: view from outside- Article

Blueroses

Please mod keep this separate from the Mancini threads/daily mail etc.
This is interesting insight from what is the view among those outside bluemoon and city supporters. Thanks :)

Interesting read article about the characters at City. Mancini had his faults but the leak from Lindyman on the mail was disgusting and make me worried a bit. I hope txi cleans out thoses since the new manager responsibilities extend to coaching..

I have a feeling it's Lescott/Hart etc who are leaking this and anybody who has been left out pathetic and embarrassing. The two I mentioned above have been criticized a fair few amounts by mancini. ( I don't believe they warranted this at all especially all being played out publicly). Very disappointing.

<a class="postlink" href="http://thepremierleagueowl.com/manchester-city-players-trying-to-throw-roberto-mancini-under-the-bus-but-exposing-their-own-deficiencies-in-doing-so/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://thepremierleagueowl.com/manchest ... -doing-so/</a>

Manchester City players trying to throw Roberto Mancini under the bus – but exposing their own deficiencies in doing so

The Daily Mail‘s Ian Ladyman ran a story this morning which attempted to lift the lid on life at Manchester City under Roberto Mancini.

Ladyman has got hold of a disaffected player, and the outcome is a sprawling account of self-pity and childishness. That’s no criticism of the journalist, because he’s just doing his job, but it’s a very depressing read.

This, seemingly, is supposed to be a character assassination of the departed manager, and an itemised list of excuses for why some of the City players failed to perform to the extent of their capabilities this season. Mancini was distant figure, he had poor relationships with peripheral squad members, he was a punch in the face rather than an arm around the shoulders.

Do you know what this reads like?

A child justifying a bad report to his parents by blaming his teacher.

The article does little to disguise the source of this leak; it’s an English player on the periphery of the team – someone who wasn’t pandered to by Mancini, and someone whose ego has subsequently been bruised. That’s quite a short list of suspects – think about the mentality of all of the homegrown players at City, think about who’s in the team and who wasn’t signed by Mancini, and then think about who would be likely to bleat to the press? It’s not hard to work out who Ian Ladyman’s mole is.

Amid the flurry of newspaper stories following City’s miserable defeat at Wembley, it became clear Mancini was in deep trouble.

‘Can we put the champagne on ice yet?’ one player texted a journalist stationed outside their hotel just down the road from Euston Station.

When news of Mancini’s sacking duly came, there was yet more black humour from inside City’s dressing room.

‘It’s a shame we have a game against Reading on Tuesday,’ joked one player. ‘We could have gone out to celebrate.’

That’s embarrassing.

This hasn’t taught me anything I didn’t already know about Mancini; he’s a disciplinarian who prioritises winning over making friends, he holds himself in high regard, and his personality creates clashes with certain types of player – that was all apparent from the day he joined the club. In any case, there’s really nothing unique about strong managers upsetting people – at every club in the country there’s an instance of that, whether it gets reported or not.

No, what this article actually conveys, is a problematic culture amongst some of the players at Manchester City. Amongst the disaffected minority referenced in The Mail’s article, there’s clearly been a disengagement with the team concept, and a prioritisation of self-interest. The manager can only be held accountable for that to a certain extent before the professionalism of certain players has to be questioned.

Why are you texting the press in the middle of a season? Why are you taking your grievances with the club outside of the City walls? So your manager isn’t picking you and he doesn’t want to be your friend? Put the big boy trousers on and deal with it.

Txiki Begiristain has a lot to do this Summer, but he’ll want to add the identification and sale of this rat and his followers to that list. These are players who clearly don’t understand the realities of being at a club of City’s size and standing, and so they don’t belong in this environment – the top of the table is no place for hurt feelings, it’s just about winning.

If I’m Sheik Mansour, I don’t want players at my football club who lack the strength of character to recognise and acknowledge their own under-performance, that’s the wrong type of professional – and it’s the sort of mentality which belongs in mid-table.

Re: Player power at City: A view from outside ( article

Very interesting, I've got a similar feeling about the player or players concerned. Got a gut feel who it is and won't be complaining if there are a few unexplained departures of high profile players in the summer.

Re: Player power at City: A view from outside ( article

I'd go 4/11 Adam Johnson if it was actually true ! However I don't believe a single word this rag arse licking **** mutters.

What a load of utter shite that blog is. Clearly hasn't a clue about what really went on and is just shit-stirring.

Just for your information, I seem to remember that site was still peddling the "Liverpool fans were responsible for Hillsborough" when the truth was well known.

Prestwich_Blue said:
What a load of utter shite that blog is. Clearly hasn't a clue about what really went on and is just shit-stirring.

The outsiders in City lack class all the way around shocker.

They were laughing at Mancini all the time he was at City but now suddenly he is poor one and everyone at City did him wrong.

And what's worse some City fans are buying their ramblings.. ycnmiu

MSP said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

The outsiders in City lack class all the way around shocker.

They were laughing at Mancini all the time he was at City but now suddenly he is poor one and everyone at City did him wrong.

And what's worse some City fans are buying their ramblings.. ycnmiu

If the stories (repeated in several newspapers) are not true then I will expect the club to issue legal proceedings or seek a retraction pretty quick.

I'm sure the club wouldn't want misleading or damaging stories out in the public domain.

I'm not talking about stories, I'm fairly sure there were many incidents with Mancini and players involved ,we've seen some of them very publicly and God knows what we haven't seen.

I'm talking about other teams fans who suddenly have so much sympathy and time for Mancini after laughing at him during his tenure at City and City fans who can't wait to believe what they're saying now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.