Player Power

Don't know any other business where the plebs can get rid of the boss. They done it at Chelsea last season. Utter shite. I sometimes wish I didn't like this sport.

If it was one or two troublesome players then keeping Mancini may have had some merit,however,it's a tad more difficult replacing half our team along with the kit men,physios and probably the tea lady........

The right decision has been made,get over it.

Player power isn't exactly a new thing at City. Ron Saunders being one example.

FantasyIreland said:
If it was one or two troublesome players then keeping Mancini may have had some merit,however,it's a tad more difficult replacing half our team along with the kit men,physios and probably the tea lady........

OK. Let's get some spineless bast*** in charge who the players love but Gollum pisses all over. Once the players knew they could run to the Board with their gripes Roberto was finished.

Hopefully Pelligrini can combine perfect man management, be a football genius and possess a warrior spirit - but in the real world not many people or football managers are perfect.

nehe11 said:
Pam said:
Have the club given in to a few petulant, chav like players pissing and moaning about the manager these last few months until they got him our? If so, what should have been done about it .. if anything?

Or is this just a smoke screen to excuse the Spaniards for doing something they were always going to do anyway?
My guess would be a bit of both, I think the decision to fire him became clearer the longer they worked with him, diden´t seem like he bought into the "holistic approach".

Him complaining in the media about his lack of signings (or lack of targets) and criticising the board obviously diden´t help, unhappy players in the squad (complaining to the chairman, read it somewhere don´t know if it´s true) and going backwards in the Leauge and CL made their decision easy I say, one thing to keep in mind is the owner always have the final word.

Bunch of ridiculous mard-arses. And I do not buy the players threats to leave. Where would they get the top dollar we pay the fuckers?!

Pam said:
nehe11 said:
Pam said:
Have the club given in to a few petulant, chav like players pissing and moaning about the manager these last few months until they got him our? If so, what should have been done about it .. if anything?

Or is this just a smoke screen to excuse the Spaniards for doing something they were always going to do anyway?
My guess would be a bit of both, I think the decision to fire him became clearer the longer they worked with him, diden´t seem like he bought into the "holistic approach".

Him complaining in the media about his lack of signings (or lack of targets) and criticising the board obviously diden´t help, unhappy players in the squad (complaining to the chairman, read it somewhere don´t know if it´s true) and going backwards in the Leauge and CL made their decision easy I say, one thing to keep in mind is the owner always have the final word.

Bunch of ridiculous mard-arses. And I do not buy the players threats to leave. Where would they get the top dollar we pay the fuckers?!
I do, mind you not saying it´s true. Players like Vincent, Hart, Aguero etc would still be rewarded handsomely for their services elsewhere.

malg said:
Don't know any other business where the plebs can get rid of the boss. They done it at Chelsea last season. Utter shite. I sometimes wish I didn't like this sport.

Football has always been a dog-eat-dog environment. Roberto, I think, only endeared himself to the fans, and then not all of them!

In many ways, Roberto is a refined version of PdC without the political leanings. He could be extremely volatile and charming within seconds of each other.

The fact remains, he was manager during the most successful period of the club since Uncle Joe. And it can only be conjecture were anyone to suggest that it would have been more successful if Manager A or Manager B had been in charge! I, for one, will cherish his time here!

Pam said:
corky1970 said:
Pam said:

rag

waits

Speaking of rags, can anyone imagine a scum team pulling this shit? Rag players are fired off if they start the stupid antics we've seen from our own players this last fortnight. The club should have kept Mancini and backed him in the summer window just to prove a point.

Scholes. Refused to get on the bus for a League Cup game because he thought he was above it.

Ferdinand demanding a transfer/pay rise.

Rooney. As above ( twice )

None of them fucked off.

Not quite the same as demanding the manager be sacked as people seem to have decided was fact at City. But clearly and publicly challenging the managers authority and living to tell the tale.

Ferguson was very good at making a stand and getting rid of players that pissed him off like Keane, Stam and Beckham. But strangely, seemed a bit more tolerant when it happened with players who didn't have their best years behind them.

Pam said:
corky1970 said:
Pam said:

rag

waits

Speaking of rags, can anyone imagine a scum team pulling this shit? Rag players are fired off if they start the stupid antics we've seen from our own players this last fortnight. The club should have kept Mancini and backed him in the summer window just to prove a point.

C'mon mate! The Rags are not 'holistic' are they? They win title after title, trophy after trophy, season in and season out. But they are not 'holistic' and that's what counts now.

FantasyIreland said:

This has more to do with Mancini getting sacked or not sacked.

It's about whether or not it's a good thing for players to be able to dictate the direction of the club to the board.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.