Barry 2
Silva 2
Nasri 5
Aguero 3
Tevez 6

Rodwell 5
Milner 4

Mancini 0

I give Nastasic a 6 or a 7; cant believe Vinny is coming out on top. I thought Kone shagged him most of the afternoon.

All the others 5 or less.

worst games I've ever seen Zabaleta and Clichy play for us.

Barry was our best player I thought up until his stupid pass that got Zaba sent off.

Not 1 of the 11 played to their capabilities today. Tevez was our best but was taken off after an hour.

I only watched it on the TV and it was hard to single out any main culprits but when Nasri was taken off for Milner I was wondering why not Silva ? Silva was uninspirational again today. There was just no chemistry between our front players. It's hard to know why. And whenever Tevez is taken off I find it hard to understand because he's a rare thing for us (or any team) : a forward who doesn't just laze about and actually gives defences something to worry about when they have possession of the ball. He makes it harder for other teams to launch attacks because he puts defenders under pressure when we haven't got the ball. Lescott said it when he admitted that the goal which Tevez scored last season away at Norwich would probably not have been scored by anyone else because only Tevez keeps chasing "lost causes". he reminds me so much of Peter Beardsley. He had our best (and only real) chance. How can we have had only one real chance in 90 minutes given the players we have at our disposal, regardless of the opposition ? Our other forwards were just passengers. Aguero is brilliant on his day but Tevez is a better team player imo. If only Tevez were still a 20 goal-a-season player !

Yaya Toure was trying to get things going and make things happen but he just kept giving the ball away.

Ratings :

Hart - 4. Nothing to do except pick the ball out of the net. He did that quite well.
Zabaleta - 5. Sent off as the result of a poor pass by Barry (?) but was, as ever, as game as anyone on the pitch before that. A few poor passes but he wasn't alone in that.
Clichy - 3. Poor both defensively and offensively today. And I like Clichy as a player.
Kompany - 4. I remember his performance in a Europa League away game against Schalke and in several games last season. He looked like a cultured ball-playing centre-half. Often these days he just looks like a bruiser with no pace or skill and a red card waiting to happen.
Nastasic - 3. The only time I noticed him today was when he tried a stupid shot from about 30 yards out and missed woefully and predictably.
Nasri - 5. Was unfairly singled out and pulled to one side and lectured by Mancini. He's as guilty as any of our forwards of pussyfooting about and not producing a telling ball or shot, and he didn't have a great game, but to me he looked more dangerous than Silva.
Silva -3. He might have been a world-class player at one point but not any more. He's come to be almost the perfect definition of the "no-end-product" player. Tried a "shot" which was really just a gentle pass to their 'keeper. I'm sorry to say it but David Silva doesn't impress me at the moment. He can do it for sure but he's not doing it at the moment.
Barry - 3. Should have scored when he had a chance with his left foot in the first half but just like most of our players these days he decided to pass it tamely into the goalkeeper's arms. My memory is blurred because I've been drinking but I think it was his crap pass which led to Zaba's tackle and sending off ?
Yaya Toure - 4. Tried to get City moving as an attacking force but misplaced just about every pass he tried. What a frustrating player he is : at his best he is incredible, at his worst he is almost a liability. But what exactly was his role in the team supposed to be today ?
Aguero - 3. He scores great goals at Old Trafford and against Chelsea in the semi-final and then he goes off the boil again. He's a legend forever because of the title-winning goal but today he did nothing at all.
Tevez - 6. City's best player on the pitch in my opinion. Had City's best and only real chance and is just a damn good footballer who you should always keep on the pitch because he sometimes has more ideas in his head than the rest of the team put together. I couldn't believe it when Mancini took him off and by the looks of it neither could he.

Hats off to Wigan, they deserved it. Never been more gutted as a City fan. This result will be remembered for many decades. We've done it again haven't we ? I suppose you just have to stop and think about how often other teams' fans are likely to experience glory in their lifetimes and show some generosity of spirit.

All i know is Clichy's missus must be furious after watching someone else ruin him for 90 minutes

back four were run ragged , midfield created nothing ,forwards starved of service , HART 6 , ZABS 3 , KOMPS 4 , NASTY 4 , CLICHY 3 , SILVA 4 , YAYA 3 , NASRI 5 , BARRY 4 , TEVEZ 6 , AGUERO 4 . subs MILNER 6 , RODWELL 5 Mancini took our two best players off in tevez and nasri , so mancini gets a 3 for shit substitutions and the fact he couldn't motivate his team at half time. Little wigan out fought us , out played us , and wanted it more , accept it and move on , cant wait for summer.

@BluePhil8 said:
HART 4 (Only had one shot to save, couldn't)
ZABALETA 2 (Espinoza did him)
KOMPANY 4 (Not composed in possession)
NASTASIC 4
CLICHY 0 (Seriously, McManaman did him every time)
BARRY 2 (Sloppy)
YAYA 3
NASRI 2 (Crab, side ways passes every time)
TEVEZ 6 (Played OK, subbed after 60 minutes)
SILVA 4 (missing in action)
AGUERO 4 (Isolated, bullied)

Mancini 2
Agree with this.... Pmsl @ op giving Aguero a 7.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.