Player thread: James Milner (2014/15)

I don't even think Khaldoon would have bothered tbh

But but but Dmitiri said Sheikh Mansour personally intervened to keep him!

Honestly reminds me of when Sheikh Mansour personally vetoed Balo's transfer because Balo was his favourite player and crucial to City's world wide profile and appeal. ;)

Sterling does seem to divide opinion, but for me he's a much better footballer than Jimmy. I'd swap the two in a heartbeat. I just can't get past how awful I think Milner's end product is. Hell Sterling is 20, playing in a wank side, and has still got 11 goals this season. How many does Jimmy have for us?
Sterling was the main focal point for the scouser's attacking play this season, with Suarez having gone and Sturridge seemingly permanently on the treatment table. Milner was never going to score as many goals as Sterling.
...the figures being bandied about for Milner's potential new contract - you'd rather him have that than Sterling.
No I wouldn't. If those figures are correct (160k p/w, yeah?), they're absolutely ridiculous. But then I don't think Sterling is worth that either. Then again, the sort of money top players earn in this era is crazy anyway.

Same could be said about Milner. Only he's nearly a decade older than Sterling and past his peak. And lets be real the figures being bandied about for Milner's potential new contract - you'd rather him have that than Sterling. That just seems crazy to me. Terrible business in fact considering our problems with the squad's age profile and homegrown issues.

Your misreading my post. I didn't say I would rather have Jimmy over Sterling, I was commenting on Sterling being all huff & puff and little end result. The way I look at it is, if we had no HG constraints would Sterling be on our radar?

Would Milner get in Barca's, Bayern's, or Madrid's squad?

Surely we want to be getting to those standards?
Do Barca have to have a quota of English players?
We need the highest standard English players ( none of whom would trouble Barca's selectors). Get real

Your misreading my post. I didn't say I would rather have Jimmy over Sterling, I was commenting on Sterling being all huff & puff and little end result. The way I look at it is, if we had no HG constraints would Sterling be on our radar?
Think his comments were aimed at me, rather than you to be honest. He quoted me when he made his post.

*edit* My mistake. It was you he quoted. Carry on!

Do Barca have to have a quota of English players?
We need the highest standard English players ( none of whom would trouble Barca's selectors). Get real

Ouch!

Where is your pub because I want to be a local! Excellent post!

Would Milner get in Barca's, Bayern's, or Madrid's squad?

Surely we want to be getting to those standards?
Starting XI? No

Squad? I don't see why not. This argument that always pops up in the transfer forum "Would they play for Barca/Real/Bayern etc" is nonsense. Those teams may have a better starting XI than most but like most they have a squad of capable players that aren't necessarily world class. No team has a squad of 20/30 world class players, it's not feasible. They do, however, have players like Milner who step up when called upon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.