Player Topic: Fernandinho (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a natural defensive midfielder so don't blame him for all the fouls he commits. Solid on the ball though and puts the effort in.

Every game he's put in situations where he's in danger of being sent off for two yellow cards. He does what he has to do, along with a few fouls that he probably doesn't have to do, but we need to get the midfield working so he's not constantly being put in these situations, otherwise it will come back to bite us on the arse.

I think I saw two misplaced passes, maybe three. Not bad at all. Covered ground well, covered for Yaya well.

I thought he was very good last season and looks to be carrying it on this season.

He seemed to be playing more of an orthodox defensive role tonight and was brilliant.

The fouls might have been reckless at times, but when you go away to these places against teams that want to rough you up to neutralise the talent deficit, knocking them about a bit levels things out psychologically. Gareth Barry was always keen to indulge in a few body checks, and De Jong committed GBH more than once.

For a guy who truly had no preseason, I was impressed. Played 96 passes and had an accuracy of 93% -- the rust showed on some of his tackles, but a few of the fouls were smart ones. Will be even better next week I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.