Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those highlights are fantastic. He's done so much already - they could be for the entire season. He's worth every penny we spent, he has all the attributes to be the best in the world. He's more of a goal threat than Silva and quicker on the ball, if he can learn from Silva's movement on the ball (which Sterling should watch as well) then he can create space naturally before using his pace and ability to cause real damage.

We've got some incredible players and what is encouraging is one week Silva's the best, the next week Aguero, then Sterling has an excellent game the week after De Bruyne's the star of the show. So much talent we can cope really well without injured players. A 5-1 win on Saturday from a City side without Aguero, Silva or Kompany.... not too many times we've seen that over the past few seasons!

KDB.jpg

"UNCLEAN, UNCLEAN!! "

My question to Chelsea FC is why didn't you play De Bryune much? Why did you let him go?

I have to admit I don't remember his spell at Chelsea much (mostly due to the fact he rarely played) and I watched awestruck at his YouTube highlights at Wolfsburg last season.

Then he comes here and he looks phenomenal. The pass to Sterling for the 3rd goal on Saturday was the best pass i have seen in ages.

My question to Chelsea FC is why didn't you play De Bryune much? Why did you let him go?

I have to admit I don't remember his spell at Chelsea much (mostly due to the fact he rarely played) and I watched awestruck at his YouTube highlights at Wolfsburg last season.

Then he comes here and he looks phenomenal. The pass to Sterling for the 3rd goal on Saturday was the best pass i have seen in ages.
De Bruyne is not the type of player that accepts everything his manager says and Maureen wanted to do his random "I show you who's the boss round here" act to in his eyes a non-proven talent, not realizing at that time what a world class player KDB already was. He has a bit of a character our ginger star and won't play best friends when he doesn't get what he thinks is right and fair. That type of character in a very young player from a little country like Belgium, is not very compatible with Maureen. If you make KDB important and give him confidence he gives a lot in return. He has proven that at Werder Bremen, in Wolfsburg and now with his instant impact at City.

De Bruyne is not the type of player that accepts everything his manager says and Maureen wanted to do his random "I show you who's the boss round here" act to in his eyes a non-proven talent, not realizing at that time what a world class player KDB already was. He has a bit of a character our ginger star and won't play best friends when he doesn't get what he thinks is right and fair. That type of character in a very young player from a little country like Belgium, is not very compatible with Maureen. If you make KDB important and give him confidence he gives a lot in return. He has proven that at Werder Bremen, in Wolfsburg and now with his instant impact at City.

This is one of the most spot on things I've heard about this. I'd add that he's proven this since the very first minute he was given in professional football. At Genk he was a star too (hence why Chelsea got him in the first place).

Me and my friends (we're from Belgium so we know Kev very well) have been talking about him lately in the category of Zidane. Not since him have I seen a midfielder with that kind of passing. A difference is that De Bruyne is a more direct, takes a bit more risk. But both are of that rare breed, once in a generation type of player with incredible vision and touch that seems to come as natural to them as breathing.

You could say we're getting carried away a little here. But then you watch him play again and ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.