Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was excellent tonight. Did the dirty work brilliantly, constantly dropping back to help Sagna out or moving into a more central area to even up the numbers. He challenged for long ball clearances and really put himself about. On top of that he was always available for a pass and put in some very dangerous crosses. Aguero missed a sitter from one of them and on another day he could have had a couple of assists and maybe a goal, it looked like a good save from Schmeichel from where I was stood.

He put it on a plate for Aguero. That's his job. Can't understand complaining about his work today. He wasn't at his best but he did his job.
My thoughts exactly.
If Agüero 'd have put it away, KDB would've been hailed for another crucial assist.
Instead Agüero misses and people are questioning his work rate, away form and consistency again...
It's better to be a goal scorer than an assist provider I think, at least you'll get judged on your own merit.

Although he was good he was a little guilty of giving the ball away a little too easily

Although he was good he was a little guilty of giving the ball away a little too easily
He will always have that a little I'm afraid, he only truely commits to passes when it can create a chance, the regular passing around is not for him.
But thought he had it well under control last night, much better than in some of the previous away games this season of which Man U defo the worst.

He will always have that a little I'm afraid, he only truely commits to passes when it can create a chance, the regular passing around is not for him.
But thought he had it well under control last night, much better than in some of the previous away games this season of which Man U defo the worst.
Indeed, he gives the ball a lot to Yaya or Silva. He was less sloppy this game.

Six of his misplaced passes last night were backward ones, that's more than the rest of the team + subs combined... And one across midfield which led to a counter attack where he literally tried to pass it through a Leicester player. His possession passing is the worst of all our players..Best crosser though.

Six of his misplaced passes last night were backward ones, that's more than the rest of the team + subs combined... And one across midfield which led to a counter attack where he literally tried to pass it through a Leicester player. His possession passing is the worst of all our players..Best crosser though.
One of the things I hope Pep (let's assume) can do is minimalise that element in Kev's game. Some of his giveaways scare me.

What people need to realise is that he's a risk taker, if you start trying to turn him into a possession player you'll lose all of his best attributes.
No offence but I call bollocks on that.

There is absolutely no excuse for his consistent failure to execute simple passes. Not every pass he makes is intended to be creative but he is too often lackasdasical with the bread and butter stuff. I repeat this frequently but it has stu k with me ever since I heard someone who should know say that one of the things that sets the great players apart is that they do the simple things right time after time after time. KDB has fantastic technical ability and all that is required for him to get the basics right time after time is concentration.

I don't want to talk much about Pep as next manger but, if he is our next manager, he won't stand for KDB not completing the easy pasess 90 odd percent of the time.

No offence but I call bollocks on that.

There is absolutely no excuse for his consistent failure to execute simple passes. Not every pass he makes is intended to be creative but he is too often lackasdasical with the bread and butter stuff. I repeat this frequently but it has stu k with me ever since I heard someone who should know say that one of the things that sets the great players apart is that they do the simple things right time after time after time. KDB has fantastic technical ability and all that is required for him to get the basics right time after time is concentration.

I don't want to talk much about Pep as next manger but, if he is our next manager, he won't stand for KDB not completing the easy pasess 90 odd percent of the time.

But I don't agree that Kevin doe misplace easy passes, he often gives the ball away passing forwards. I think Kevin will flourish under Pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.